𝟒𝟐 : 𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐀 (rewriting)

a·ne·mi·a
/əˈnēmēə/
a condition marked by a deficiency of red blood cells or of hemoglobin in the blood, resulting in pallor and weariness

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Taehyung sat happily on the couch, listening to Jungkook practice piano.

It was early in the morning, but too early for Taehyung to leave for work. He was moving around a lot in bed after he woke up and ended up waking Jungkook. Neither could fall asleep so they decided to go make some coffee and listen to Jungkook play piano.

Taehyung sipped happily at his coffee and listened to Jungkook hitting the keys. He had gotten so much better over the past year--in using his hands and playing piano--and he had finally started to walk around and get outside more. It wasn't often that Taehyung would get texts in the middle of the day saying that Jungkook was going out with Jimin again.

Jungkook finished his song and turned to look at Taehyung with a happy expression on his face. Taehyung smiled in response and applauded with one hand somehow, trying not to spill the cup of coffee that he was holding in the other hand.

"Sounded great, baby," Taehyung said, feeling himself yawn and drinking more coffee so that the lack of sleep wouldn't affect his work. Jungkook smiled and got up from the bench to sit by Taehyung.

"Good," Jungkook began, a cute grin spreading across his face. "I've been working on this song for a while now," He added, leaning over to lay his head on Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung smiled and put the now empty cup of coffee down and pulled Jungkook into his lap.

"Mm, my baby's a musician now, huh?" Taehyung teased, pressing chaste kisses to Jungkook's lips. Jungkook giggled and shook his head, trying to speak but getting cut off every time Taehyung kissed him.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook whined, a lopsided smile hanging off his face. Taehyung smiled and glanced over at the time, deciding it was finally time to get up and get ready for work. He moved Jungkook off his lap and set the boy on the couch next to him before getting up and going to put his shoes on.

"Gotta go to work now, baby," He said, shuffling around to get everything together. "We're still up for dinner, right?" He asked, glancing over at Jungkook who was making his way back to the piano.

"Right!" Jungkook replied cheerfully, sitting down at the piano bench. He smiled and played a few notes before turning to look at Taehyung again. "I'll make sure to be ready by the time you get home," Jungkook said and Taehyung smiled. Taehyung waved and made his way out of the apartment and to his car. He got into the driver's seat and opened up the glove box, taking out the small ring box that was sitting inside.

"Today's the day."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook was seated in the passenger's seat, watching the lights of the city fly by as Taehyung drove them to the restaurant. Jungkook smiled when Taehyung handed the car over to the valet and grabbed the boy's hand, walking him into the restaurant.

Taehyung spoke to the hostess and the two got to their table quickly. Jungkook sat across from Taehyung, glancing at the menu and at Taehyung.

"Know what you're going to order yet?" Jungkook asked, glancing over at Taehyung. Taehyung smiled and nodded. Jungkook set down his menu and stared over at Taehyung. Taehyung smiled back and shifted in his seat, hands dropping underneath the table.

"Jungkookie, can I ask you something?" He asked. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion but nodded nonetheless. "Go ahead," He said when Taehyung only responded with silence.

Taehyung stood up for his chair and walked over to where Jungkook was sitting. He reached out and held the boy's shaky hands in his own.

"Jungkookie, I still remember that day we met in that awkward restaurant for the hospital's weird party," Taehyung began and Jungkook's eyes widened immediately. "In all honesty, I spoke to you first because I was going to try and hit on you, but you weren't having it," Taehyung chuckled and Jungkook blushed.

"Ever since then, I couldn't take my eyes off you. You're so ethereally gorgeous and your personality is just as beautiful as your looks. Even though you come off as a brat sometimes, you are still the sweetest person on the inside," Taehyung said and felt his heart clench when Jungkook began to tear up.

"You've made every day of my life an adventure. You've changed me in so many different ways and opened my eyes to new things, and I couldn't be happier." Taehyung smiled at Jungkook and Jungkook bit his lip so that he could attempt to hold tears back. Jungkook saw little tears glistening in the corners of Taehyung's eyes but the anticipation he saw in them was stronger.

"I-I love you so... so much and there is no one else I could imagine spending my f-future with," Taehyung said, mentally cursing at himself when he stuttered over his words, feeling himself getting choked up. He saw Jungkook trying desperately to hold back his tears and smiled sweetly at the boy.

"So, Jeon Jungkook, I have one q-question for y-you," Taehyung said, reaching into his pocket to take out the ring. Jungkook's eyes widened and he let the tears begin to stream down his face when he saw Taehyung get down on one knee.

"Will you marry me?"

Jungkook nodded his head so quickly and jumped right into Taehyung's arms, almost knocking the boy over. Everyone else in the restaurant applauded and Jungkook let the tears stream down his face freely. He looked up at Taehyung and cupped his face in his shaky hands before pressing a meaningful kiss to Taehyung's lips.

"Of c-course I will."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶