𝟏𝟖 : 𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐘𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐀 (rewriting)

tach·y·car·di·a
/ˌtakəˈkärdēə/
an abnormally rapid heart rate

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook followed Taehyung as Taehyung walked into the restaurant. He didn't know who the hospital was now hiring, he only knew that it was another doctor.

Taehyung walked in and was immediately greeted by all the other doctors that seemed to enjoy his presence. Jungkook, on the other hand, awkwardly stood by Taehyung and tried to be included in the conversation, but failed when he realized that the other doctors didn't even glance at him.

Taehyung must have noticed how uncomfortable Jungkook was and, more importantly, how he was being completely ignored by the other doctors in the room, so he decided to excuse them from the conversation and found a table to sit at.

Much to Jungkook's dismay, more doctors came along not long after and began chatting with Taehyung. Taehyung, not wanting to be rude, kept up a conversation with them and glanced at Jungkook awkwardly, feeling bad for how often the boy was being left out in this place.

"So who's the new doctor the hospital's hiring?" Taehyung asked, trying to keep the awkward conversation going. The other doctors continued chatting with each other, saying something about how he was a part of the pediatrics department.

"Someone told me that his name is Kim Seokjin."

Kim Seokjin?

Jungkook froze and felt his face pale at the sound of that name. He hadn't heard that name in so long and hearing it again was causing his heart to race as if he'd just run a marathon.

But there was no way that it was the Kim Seokjin that Jungkook knew, right? Seokjin was a pretty popular name—Jungkook told himself—and the chances of the Seokjin that Jungkook knew appearing at the hospital that Jungkook worked at after he cut ties with Seokjin—

Jungkook saw the Seokjin he knew walk into the banquet hall.

"Excuse me, I-I'm going to the bathroom," Jungkook said hurriedly, almost jumping up out of his seat and rushing out of the banquet hall. His eyes brimmed with tears and he began to remember all of the bad experiences he had with Jin, or rather, Seokjin.

Jungkook ran into the bathroom and stared at his reflection, taking a few deep breaths to try and calm himself when tears began to roll down his face. He quickly wiped them away when he heard the door swing open loudly.

"Jungkook," Taehyung called out, walking into the bathroom and up to Jungkook. He looked at the boy and grew worried when he saw the little tears streaming down his face.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly, reaching up to dry the tears on Jungkook's face.

Jungkook swatted his hand away and took a few steps back, Jin's appearance reminding him why he hadn't gotten into any new relationships lately. "Don't touch me, please. J-Just leave me alone," Jungkook begged, more tears starting to fall from his pretty eyes.

"O-Okay, baby, go wait by my car and we'll leave early okay? I'll tell Chanyeol—"

"T-Taehyung, just leave me alone," Jungkook cried, wanting nothing more than time to himself to think about everything that was happening. Taehyung shook his head and approached the quivering boy, putting his hands on Jungkook's waist softly.

"I don't think that's the best idea, okay? I'll tell Chanyeol that you and I are leaving early, then we'll walk out together, okay? Just wait here," Taehyung said, waiting for some form of confirmation from Jungkook. Jungkook nodded slowly and Taehyung rushed out of the bathroom, not wanting to leave Jungkook alone for so long.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook arrived at his apartment, courtesy of Taehyung, and quickly rushed in, not realizing that Taehyung had followed him inside.

"T-Taehyung, I just need some time to myself—"

"Jungkook," Taehyung said, walking over to the boy and once again putting his hands on his waist, "I think you need to talk about what's going on. And I'm willing to listen," he added, leading the boy towards his small couch in the living room. Jungkook sat across from Taehyung and Taehyung reached forward, holding onto his hands softly.

"Let's start from the beginning. What's wrong?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook could tell that there was genuine concern in his face. Jungkook sighed and felt tears prick his eyes at the painful memories but began to speak anyways.

"The man that the hospital is hiring was my ex," he began, waiting for Taehyung to laugh at the new revelation. Instead, Taehyung just gestured for the boy to continue and brought Jungkook's body closer to his, holding the smaller boy tightly.

"We met during my freshman year of college and hit it off really well. He was super nice at first, and my friend Y-Yugyeom told me to go for it. So we started dating," Jungkook said, unpleasant memories rising to the surface slowly.

"H-He was my first b-boyfriend... my first kiss but that's where it stopped, and I moved into his apartment while I was a sophomore," Jungkook added, remembering the good times that he spent with Jin before everything went to shit.

"H-He told his family about me and school was getting stressful for him. I don't know how his family reacted but he became r-really... a-agressive because I didn't want to tell the rest of the world about our relationship," Jungkook said, choking up at the memories but feeling Taehyung rub little circles into his waist in an effort to calm him down.

Jungkook opened the door to the apartment quietly, knowing it was late and that Jin was probably home by now. He tiptoed quietly to not awake Jin in case he was already asleep.

"God dammit Jungkook, you come home super late and you can't even say hi to me?" Jin said from the kitchen, coming up behind Jungkook and making the boy jump in surprise. Jungkook turned around slowly and forced a smile onto his face to not displease Jin.

"Just fuck off, Kook. Go to our room, I'm sleeping on the couch tonight," Jin said, pushing Jungkook towards their bedroom before he headed back to the couch to sleep.

Jungkook stepped into their room and sat on their bed, his last conversation with Jin making him feel like shit. His phone began to light up and he glanced over, tears beginning to fall from his eyes when he read the notifications he was getting from his friends in college.

"So you're gay?"

"Can't believe you turned Jin gay."

"Wow, Jin used to be cool. No wonder he isn't anymore."

Jungkook opened his phone and rushed over to Jin's instagram page, seeing how he posted a picture of Jungkook—without even tagging him in it—and basically outed the poor boy against all his protests.

But what scared him the most was when he got a text from his mom.

"Jungkook, you're gay?"

"I'm sorry, Jungkookie," Taehyung whispered, trying to soothe the crying boy by pressing light kisses to his temple, Jungkook was now seated in Taehyung's lap and had Taehyung's arms wrapped around him.

"I... I told everyone that we... that we weren't d-dating and he.. th-threatened to r-ruin my future, and I... I believed him," Jungkook cried, not holding back the ugly tears that were streaming from his face.

"W-We broke up... when... when I got the job at the hospital. H-He was so... was so upset," Jungkook cried, holding onto Taehyung's arms which were wrapped around his waist.

Taehyung hummed softly and turned the boy around in his lap, allowing Jungkook to cry softly into Taehyung's neck. Taehyung stood up with Jungkook wrapped around him and carried the boy to what looked like his room. Taehyung laid down on the bed and let Jungkook lay on top of him. They laid there like that for a while and when Jungkook had finally calmed down—now only sniffling—Taehyung finally spoke up.

"Jungkookie, do you want to be my boyfriend?"

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: this chapter was looonnnnngggg