𝟐𝟕 : 𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐒 (rewriting)

ne·cro·sis
/neˈkrōsəs/
the death of most or all of the cells in an organ or tissue due to disease, injury, or failure of the blood supply

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

What time is it?

Taehyung sat up in his bed, glancing over at the clock that sat on his nightstand.

1:47.

Jungkook had been gone for over an hour.

Taehyung got out of bed and walked to the kitchen, hearing Yeontan trailing softly behind him. He glanced in the kitchen and didn't see Jungkook, but instead found a bag of opened Doritos. He walked over to the bag and opened it, but frowned when he found a bunch of crumbs in the bag. Then he remembered that he had finished the bag and put it there, running over to cuddle with Jungkook and telling himself that he would throw the bag away later.

Taehyung tossed the bag of Doritos and grabbed a glass of water, quickly drinking it and washing down the Dorito dust. He put the glass in the sink and walked out of the kitchen with Yeontan trailing behind him still.

He looked around, looking in the dining room, the living room, and the bathroom to see if Jungkook had come home, but was left with nothing.

He walked back to the bedroom and picked up his phone from his nightstand. Taehyung unlocked his phone and found Jungkook's contact--it was at the top of his contacts list--and called his number.

The phone rang and kept ringing for a while, causing Taehyung's eyebrows to furrow together slowly. Jungkook usually answered right away and if he couldn't, he'd text Taehyung right away as to why he couldn't answer.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel like something was wrong.

But he trusted Jungkook, so he let the call go to voicemail and began to speak when the automated beep went off. Taehyung sat back down on the bed and smiled when Yeontan jumped into his lap.

"Hey, baby, just uh, calling to make sure everything's okay." Taehyung reached down to pet Yeontan's fluffy fur with one hand while he held onto the phone with the other.

"You've been out for a while now," He added, glancing over at the clock on the nightstand. He looked at the bed, feeling a little lonely seeing how the other half of the bed was empty.

Yeontan jumped out of his lap and went over to Jungkook's side of the bed. Yeontan sniffed at the blanket and decided instead to sit on the pillow like he usually did, whether Jungkook was there or not.

"Hope you get home soon," Taehyung said, smiling softly at how Yeontan was stretching out on Jungkook's pillow. "Tannie's hogging up half of the bed," Taehyung chuckled and pulled the blanket up higher, throwing it over Yeontan's head.

"Love you, Jungkookie," Taehyung said and reluctantly ended the call. Or, it wasn't really much of a call and was more of a voicemail. He locked his phone and put it on the nightstand beside him.

Taehyung laid back down in his bed, staring at the dark ceiling of his even darker bedroom. He hadn't realized how truly lonely he was until he didn't have Jungkook next to him. He sighed and in bed his eyes, stretching in bed to get more comfortable.

His phone rang again and he almost jumped out of bed, assuming Jungkook had finally returned his call. He turned over and picked up his phone, looking at the caller ID and furrowing his eyebrows.

Why was the hospital calling him at two in the morning?

Sighing, Taehyung got up from bed and picked up his phone, heading to the closet to put on a shirt to head out. He looked down at his phone and answered the call.

"Hello?" He asked, his voice cutting sharply through the silence that he didn't even realize was so loud.

"Is this Kim Taehyung?"

Taehyung tried holding back an annoyed sigh and instead pinched the bridge of his nose. The hospital had called him so many times before, why didn't they recognize his phone number? "Yes it is, how can I help—"

"Jeon Jungkook just got into a car accident. You were the first name in his emergency contacts list."

What?

Taehyung now knew why Jungkook had been gone for so long.

"He also said your name right before he lost consciousness."

Taehyung felt tears forming in the corners of his eyes. The one time he lets Jungkook go alone in his car, his boyfriend gets into a car accident and is left unconscious. It had to be a joke, right?

"W-What kind of sick joke is this?" He asked, voice quavering at the thought that Jungkook might actually be hurt.

"It's the truth, Mr. Kim."

The silence that followed those words was unbearable. It was so loud, but didn't mask the loud breaking of Taehyung's heart.

"H-How is he? Is... Is he okay?"

"He's... still unconscious, Mr. Kim. They just brought him in for surgery."

Taehyung let out a drawn out sigh of relief. The tears that were gathering in his eyes were flowing freely now and he ran out to the front door to put his shoes on.

"Thanks... Thank you for calling me. I'll... I'm heading there now," he said, hand reaching for where his keys would be. He grabbed the key o his apartment and reached for his car keys. He didn't grab them and he turned to his side and felt his heart break when he remembered what happened.

"Drive safe, Mr. Kim."

Taehyung held back a choked sob and bit his lip harshly, trying to stop the tears that were already streaming down his face. He opened the door to his apartment and shoved away Yeontan, who had been trailing behind him the entire time.

"Thanks," Taehyung said weakly, closing the door to his apartment and ending the call on his phone. He ran his hands through his hair in distress and finally picked his phone back up again, this time dialing a different number.

"Hey, Namjoon. Can you give me a ride to the hospital?"

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶