𝟑𝟒 : 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊 (rewriting)

shock
/SHäk/
an acute medical condition associated with a fall in blood pressure, caused by such events as loss of blood, severe burns, bacterial infection, allergic reaction, or sudden emotional stress, and marked by cold, pallid skin, irregular breathing, rapid pulse, and dilated pupils

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook sat in his bed uncomfortably—they had moved him out of the ICU after a few tests—as he waited for Taehyung. He stared at the door anxiously, not able to walk around because of his broken leg.

Taehyung ran into the room quickly and tried not to burst into tears when he saw Jungkook sitting up on his own. He ran to Jungkook with his arms out wide and engulfed the small boy—who was looking even smaller than ever—in a giant hug.

"T-Taehyungie," Jungkook whispered, little tears forming in his eyes. Taehyung looked down at his baby and kissed him gently on the lips, not pulling away until he ran out of breath.

"Taehyung," Jungkook cries and Taehyung pulled away from their hug. "W-What's wrong?" He asked, looking down at Jungkook with a concerned look on his face.

"Taehyung, my hands won't stop shaking," Jungkook said, and finally burst out into tears. Taehyung felt his heart ache and picked up Jungkook's hands softly, feeling them tremble uncontrollably in his own hands.

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry—"

Taehyung was cut off by a heartbreaking sob that fell from Jungkook's mouth. Taehyung pulled Jungkook into another tight hug, letting the boy cry uncontrollably into his chest. He ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair, trying to do everything in his power to calm the poor boy down.

"Hey, it's going to be okay," Taehyung said, peppering soft kisses to Jungkook's temple. Jungkook only cried harder, lifting up his shaky hands to try and hold onto Taehyung's shirt tightly. He couldn't though, his hands were shaking too badly and he could barely control them. Instead, they rested limp beside his body on the bed.

Jungkook calmed down a bit and Taehyung took it as an opportunity to lay down next to him in the hospital bed. Jungkook immediately cuddled up to Taehyung's cold body and got as close as physically possible, practically laying on top of Taehyung.

"I should've gone with you to the market that day," Taehyung said sadly, his hand finding its place on Jungkook's small waist. Jungkook frowned with his puffy eyes and tear-streaked face and held onto Taehyung tighter.

"If you did we might not be here," Jungkook said sadly, sniffling lightly but feeling safer when Taehyung tightened his hold around Jungkook's waist. Taehyung sighed and pulled Jungkook's body closer to his.

"How long has it been?" Jungkook asked, remembering how he had been out for a while. Taehyung sighed and rubbed the boy's waist softly. "Not that long," he said, but Jungkook wasn't convinced.

"Why can't you just tell me?" Jungkook said, starting to think that maybe it was better that he didn't know. He felt a tear fall from his eye and make its way down his cheek. He lifted his hand to try and wipe it away but began to cry harder when he remembered how badly his hands were shaking.

"Hey, hey, hey, Jungkookie, stop crying," Taehyung said, sitting up in the hospital bed and cupping Jungkook's face with his hands. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asked, scanning all over Jungkook's face. Jungkook cried and put his hands in front of Taehyung's face.

"M-My hands won't... won't stop sh-shaking," he cried. Taehyung's eyes softened and he held Jungkook's shaky hands in his own, trying to control the shaking in Jungkook's hands.

"Look, it's okay. We'll just ask Jin about it—"

"T-Taehyung," Jungkook said, and Taehyung felt his heart break at the crying Jungkook in front of him. "I'll never be able to do surgery again," He cried. Taehyung pulled the boy in closer to his chest again.

"Hey, baby, we can just talk to Jin. I'm sure he can tell us his opinion—" Taehyung began, trying to calm down Jungkook who was started to get really anxious.

"N-No! I can... I can just tell," Jungkook cried out, wrapping his arms around Taehyung's neck and sobbing into his chest. Taehyung sighed and held Jungkook tightly, realizing it was the only thing he could really do.

"Let's not focus on that now, okay baby? Let's focus on the fact that you're up and moving around," Taehyung said, rubbing calming circles on Jungkook's back. The boy only sniffled and let out another loud sob into Taehyung's chest.

Jungkook's sobs eventually quieted down a bit, and Taehyung took it as an opportunity to lay down again with Jungkook. "Let's get some rest, yeah? You've been through so much today, baby," Taehyung said, helping Jungkook lay back down in bed.

Taehyung pressed a loving kiss to Jungkook's lips and got up to walk away, but not before Jungkook's shaky hands hit the back his shirt tightly. Taehyung urned back around and looked down at Jungkook.

"What's wrong, baby?" he asked, brushing the dirty bangs out of Jungkook's face. Jungkook looked up at Taehyung through his pretty eyelashes and held onto his shirt tighter.

"S-Stay with me, p-please. I... I don't want to be alone," Jungkook said, and a few small tears escaped his eyes. Taehyung frowned and wiped the tears away before climbing into the uncomfortable hospital bed to lay beside Jungkook.

"Of course, baby. But get some rest for me, please?" He asked, holding Jungkook's shaky hand and rubbing it gently. Jungkook nodded and sniffled cutely, before shifting in bed and swinging his leg over Taehyung's body.

"Ow, fuck! Baby, your cast," Taehyung said, feeling the pain from Jungkook's heavy cast land right on top of his dick. Jungkook's eyes widened and he swung his leg back in the other direction, looking up at Taehyung cutely before giggling.

"It's that funny, huh?" Taehyung teased, pressing little kisses to Jungkook's face. Jungkook nodded and smiled, laying his head on top of Taehyung's chest and letting himself drift off into sleep.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶