𝟑𝟔 : 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐔𝐌 (rewriting)

per·i·car·di·um
/ˌperəˈkärdēəm/
the membrane enclosing the heart, consisting of an outer fibrous layer and an inner double layer of serous membrane

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook felt his eyes closing and he gave in, knowing it would be better for Taehyung to find him asleep than find him awake so late at night. He felt himself drifting off into his dreams but then jolted up suddenly when he heard someone open the door to his hospital room.

"Jungkook, why are you still awake?" Taehyung asked, closing the door to the hospital room and getting in the bed with Jungkook. Jungkook looked away and felt the hospital cot dip a bit when Taehyung got into bed.

Taehyung frowned at Jungkook's silence and pulled the boy close to his body. "Come here, baby. You need to get some rest," Taehyung said, smiling when he felt Jungkook snuggle into his chest. Jungkook put his leg over Taehyung, carefully this time, and sniffled a little.

"What's wrong, Jungkookie?" Taehyung asked, running his fingers through Jungkook's messy hair. Jungkook sniffled and hugged Taehyung tighter.

"I... I just feel so sad," Jungkook said. Taehyung sighed and held onto Jungkook tighter, afraid that if he let go the boy would disappear for good this time.

"It'll be okay," Taehyung said, pressing a soft kiss to the top of Jungkook's head. Jungkook sniffled again and pressed his face into Taehyung's chest further. Taehyung frowned when he felt wet tears soaking through the thin fabric of his shirt and sat up so that he could look at Jungkook directly.

"I-I'm being a burden, aren't I?" Jungkook sniffled, tears cascading out of his eyes slowly. Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed in concern and he wiped Jungkook's tears away quickly.

"No, no of course not Jungkook. Why would you think like that?" Taehyung said, continuing to wipe away the tears that were still escaping from Jungkook's eyes. Jungkook brought his shaky hands up and tried holding onto Taehyung's hands that were cupping his face.

"I would never be bothered by you or see you as a burden, Jungkookie," Taehyung said sweetly, letting go of Jungkook's face and choosing to hold his hands softly instead. Jungkook cried again and his tears fell off his face and onto the stiff and stark sheets of his hospital bed.

"I'm just so... so annoying," Jungkook said to which Taehyung frowned. Taehyung opened his mouth to speak, but Jungkook began talking again before Taehyung could let a single word out.

"My voice is even annoying," Jungkook said, and Taehyung as about to contradict him again. He loved Jungkook's voice, he loved the airy tone of it and loved the sweet sound of it when the boy was talking, singing, moaning.

"I... I even got fat because I've been sitting here in the hospital," Jungkook said, looking down quickly and trying to hold on tightly to the gross hospital sheets. Taehyung rested a hand on top of Jungkook's and used the other to life up Jungkook's chin so that he could look at the boy.

"You are not a burden, definitely not annoying, and far from fat," Taehyung said, cupping Jungkook's face with one hand so that the boy would still look at him.

"You're being too hard on yourself, Jungkookie," Taehyung added, stroking Jungkook's cheek softly to calm the boy down, "I think sitting here in the hospital all day is finally starting to get to you."

Jungkook's eyes widened comically and he stared up at Taehyung. "B-But I used to work here! It was m-my job to be here all day!" He said, completely forgetting about how he was hating on himself earlier and beginning to pout cutely. Taehyung smiled softly, both at Jungkook's cute pouting and his easily distracted mind.

"Maybe you should spend some time at home with Tannie," Taehyung hummed and pulled Jungkook down into the hospital bed so the two could lie down. Jungkook practically melted into Taehyung.

"No, Tannie's going to run around and make me feel fat," Jungkook said, pulling Taehyung's body as close to his as physically possible. Taehyung frowned and looked down at Jungkook.

"You're not fat, Jungkook," Taehyung said sternly and Jungkook pursed his lips together and looked away from Taehyung.

"I'm losing my abs," Jungkook added. Taehyung knew how much the younger prided himself for his abs, and he knew how practically heartbreaking it must have been to see his pretty abs disappear.

"That's okay, I love your squishy tummy," Taehyung teased, slipping a hand into Jungkook's robe and pinching at his stomach. Jungkook whined and hit Taehyung's arm, but giggled at the boy nonetheless.

"Don't squish my flab!" Jungkook said and laughed, pushing Taehyung's arm away. Taehyung laughed as well.

"Your tummy's just another thing I'm allowed to squish now," Taehyung said and Jungkook pouted cutely at the older boy. "What do you mean another thing?" Jungkook asked, not wanting to be teased for more parts of his squishy body.

"Mm, your waist is squishy," Taehyung said, and pinched Jungkook's waist through his thin robe. Jungkook sighed and looked up at Taehyung annoyedly.

"Your thighs are squishy," Taehyung added, trailing a hand under Jungkook's robe a little higher than he had expected. Taehyung's hand continued to travel up and moved around, pinching at his inner thigh. Jungkook blushed and hit Taehyung in the chest lightly.

Taehyung let his hand rest on Jungkook's thigh and moved in closer to whisper into the boy's ear. "And of course, so is your ass," Taehyung said, and moved his hand quickly under Jungkook's robe and squeezed the boy's ass. Jungkook jolted in bed and Taehyung smirked.

"Y-You pervert!" Jungkook teased and smacked Taehyung's arm. Taehyung grinned mischievously and slapped Jungkook's ass in turn, to which the boy blushed and pouted at Taehyung.

"Wait, baby why aren't you wearing underwear?" Taehyung asked, realizing that his hand was resting on the bare skin of Jungkook's ass. Jungkook shivered and blushed again, before looking up at Taehyung with a frown.

"Because you gave me a robe and put me right back in bed!" He whined and Taehyung smiled lovingly. Jungkook squirmed and tried adjusting his robe—which had ridden up past his thighs because of someone—and glared at Taehyung when his hand didn't move from Jungkook's ass.

"Fine," Jungkook whined and stopped messing with his robe. Taehyung smiled and kissed Jungkook softly.

"Good night, Jungkookie."

"Good night, Taehyungie."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶