𝟗 : 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐇𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐌𝐈𝐀 (rewriting)

ar·rhyth·mi·a
/āˈriT͟Hmēə,əˈriT͟Hmēə/
a condition in which the heart beats with an irregular or abnormal rhythm

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Was it possible for a single person to give you arrhythmia?

Because Jungkook thinks he has Taehyung-induced arrhythmia.

Normally, Jungkook would walk past Taehyung and feel pure hatred or anger. But recently, he had been feeling his heart beat rather... abnormally whenever he would be around Taehyung.

"Dr. Kim..." Jungkook asked, standing in front of the man's desk.

Taehyung looked up from his pile of papers on the desk and at the boy in front of him. "Yes, Jungkook?"

"W-What are the common symptoms of arrhythmia?"

Taehyung looked confused. He furrowed his eyebrows together before sitting up in his chair more. "The symptoms of what?"

"Arrhythmia."

Taehyung chuckled and stood up from his seat. He walked up to Jungkook and leaned against his desk, still facing the boy in front of him.

"You should know the common symptoms of arrhythmia, Jungkook," Taehyung commented, causing a pale pink hue to rush onto Jungkook's face.

"Why are you asking me, anyways?" Taehyung asked, a cocky grin stretching out across his face. Jungkook felt even more embarrassed and felt his heart pound faster—no, his arrhythmia kick in. "I-I think I might have... developed a sort of arrhythmia or something..." he mumbled, face burning a bright shade of pink.

Taehyung laughed again. "Really, Jungkook?" he asked, watching as Jungkook nodded quickly and ducked his head down, too embarrassed to meet Taehyung's eyes. Taehyung hummed teasingly, putting a finger under Jungkook's chin to look directly at the boy.

"'Cause it sounds more like a plan to seduce me, Jungkook. Do you want me to check your heartbeat? Make sure you're not experiencing anything... unusual?" Taehyung teased, tickling under Jungkook's chin before moving to lean back on his desk. "Should I give you a lesson on basic anatomy while I'm at it?"

Jungkook's face flushed brighter than before. He glanced around the room, avoiding eye contact with Taehyung and absolutely despising the vulnerable position Taehyung had put him in. He regained his confidence quickly and stepped forward to get closer to Taehyung.

"Maybe I do want an anatomy lesson, Dr. Kim. You think you could help me with that?" Jungkook teased, relishing in the way he had caught Taehyung off guard. But Taehyung fought back quickly.

Taehyung put his hands on Jungkook's waist and leaned in close to the boy. Jungkook could practically feel Taehyung's soft breaths on his lips and it made his heart rate go through the roof.

"Baby needs his attitude checked, huh? Can't learn to respect his elders, can he?" Taehyung asked, the biggest smirk splayed across his face as he saw Jungkook's cheeks burn brighter. Jungkook pushes away from Taehyung and headed to the door to the office quickly, still blushing brightly.

"I... um, have some paper work to do..." he said before rushing out of the office quickly and down the hall to his shared office, leaving a confused yet chuckling Taehyung alone in silence.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"I just... I don't know, Gyeom," Jungkook said, swirling his straw around in his iced latte and looking at the boy in front of him. Yugyeom—his friend since high school—had a big grin on his face.

"He definitely sounds like one very confident gay," Yugyeom said, smiling at the boy in front of him. Yugyeom gasped suddenly and looked excitedly at Jungkook, almost causing the boy to jump in surprise.

"Maybe he knows that you like him so he's purposefully messing with you!" Yugyeom said rather loudly, slamming his coffee cup on the table. Jungkook's jaw dropped and his face flushed pink at his friend's assumption.

"Gyeom! I don't like him!" Jungkook retorted, face still a light pink. Yugyeom gave him a knowing look and just stared at him for a moment before lifting up his cup of coffee and taking an obnoxiously loud sip from it.

"Bitch if you don't make a move on him I'm going to snatch him," Yugyeom said, giggling at Jungkook's flustered expression. Jungkook giggled as well, mouth growing into a big smile when he realized that though they hadn't talked much, nothing had changed between Yugyeom and him.

Yugyeom coughed for a moment and gripped onto his shirt tightly. "G-Give me a second, Kook," he said, furrowing his eyebrows together and still clutching at his shirt.

"G-Gyeom, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, concerned for his friend's health. Yugyeom only nodded and slowly shifted into a more comfortable position, acting as if nothing had happened.

The waiter came by almost immediately after and dropped off the two's food, running away almost as quickly as he had shown up.

"Let's eat!" Yugyeom said, picking up his fork and digging into his salad. Jungkook had never seen someone eat a salad so happily. He smiled nonetheless and dig into his french toast, which was strange to eat because it was now three pm.

"Oh, Kooks," Yugyeom began, mouth full of salad, "I don't think I ever told you. I got a tattoo!" Jungkook's eyes widened and he set his fork down to look at Yugyeom more intently. "A tattoo? What does it look like?" he asked excitedly.

"It's a heart with a dragon wrapped around it. I got it right here in my collarbone," Yugyeom said, moving his shirt out of the way to show off his fancy new tattoo. "Wow, Gyeom! It looks so cool!" Jungkook awed, smiling up at his friend. Yugyeom basked in attention he was receiving from Jungkook.

The two finished their meal and Jungkook insisted to pay for the check and did before Yugyeom could get to it. Yugyeom groaned at the boy but thanked him nonetheless, happy that they could finally get together and meet.

Jungkook and Yugyeom walked out of the small restaurant, thanking the waiter on their way out. Yugyeom looked a little pale and gripped onto Jungkook's shoulder suddenly, startling the boy.

"Gyeom, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, concerned with how Yugyeom was suddenly acting.

"Yeah, Kook. Just feel really lightheaded, give me a second," Yugyeom said, sounding out of breath and absolutely exhausted.

"Are you sure? You're worrying me, Gyeom," Jungkook responded, shifting so he could hold Yugyeom's hands instead of having him lean on his shoulder.

Yugyeom let out a loud sigh and stood up on his own, smiling at Jungkook again as if nothing had happened. "I'm so glad I got to see again, Kook. Let's meet up again when our schedules clear up, yeah?" Yugyeom asked, grinning brightly and smiling at Jungkook. Jungkook nodded before saying goodbye and walking back to his work.

He glanced back once again at Yugyeom, seeing the boy wave happily and disappear into the street. After seeing how Yugyeom's health was doing, Jungkook was happy that he worked in a hospital.

At least he'd be able to recognize when something was wrong, right?

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

a/n: wow a double update!1!!1!