𝟐𝟔 : 𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐓 (rewriting)

he·mat·o·crit
/hēˈmadəˌkrit/
the ratio of the volume of red blood cells to the total volume of blood

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook lay in bed, clinging tightly to Taehyung's body. Taehyung lay awake beside him, running his finger softly through the boy's fluffy hair and occasionally kissing the boy's forehead to try and get him to fall asleep. The two listened to Yeontan's quiet snores—Yeontan enjoyed sleeping on Jungkook's pillow, forcing Jungkook to cuddle with Taehyung.

"What's on your mind, baby?" Taehyung asked, rubbing Jungkook's back softly and kissing his cheek. Jungkook shifted in bed and looked up at Taehyung, glaring at Yeontan who was situated above Jungkook's head.

"I think I'm gonna go to the store and buy some banana milk," Jungkook said, sitting up in bed and frowning when Taehyung pulled him back into bed.

"Get it tomorrow," Taehyung whined, rolling over in bed with Jungkook so the boy was laying comfortably on his chest. Jungkook whined loudly and tried moving out of Taehyung's hold.

"Come on, we need to pick up food for Tannie too," Jungkook said, feeling Taehyung finally let him out of his hold. "Fine," Taehyung murmured, voice dripping with exhaustion.

Jungkook got out of bed and put a shirt and a pair of sweatpants on—Taehyung usually insisted that the boy didn't wear clothes to bed—and walked to the door. "You're not coming?" He asked, seeing how Taehyung was still cocooned in the blankets.

"I'm tired, baby," Taehyung hummed, "I'll wait for you to come back." Taehyung turned over in bed, holding a pillow to his bare chest and squinting at Jungkook. "You're gonna fall asleep, you liar," Jungkook teased, smiling when he saw Taehyung's eyebrows only furrow together.

"Okay, I'll see you later," Jungkook said, running over to the bed and kissing a sleepy Taehyung before walking out of the apartment and to Taehyung's car.

He turned the car on and hopped onto the highway, singing along with the calm music that was playing on the radio. It was dark and late in the night, streetlights flying past in blurs of light.

He pulled into the parking lot of a market and hopped out really quickly, running inside and grabbing banana milk and kibble for Yeontan. He grabbed a bag of Doritos before he got in line, knowing that Taehyung would probably end up eating them sooner or later, paid and went back out to the car.

He hopped back onto the freeway, gliding along peacefully. Jungkook realized how long he had been out for and was expecting a call from Taehyung soon, but he assumed the man had gone to sleep.

Jungkook sighed, deciding to listen to the soft music coming from the radio of Taehyung's car. He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel and hummed along with the music. He looked out the window, seeing the guardrail and a beautiful view of a small forest behind it. At that moment, everything seemed so perfect.

Too perfect.

He turned to his left and saw a car coming at him way too quickly. In the wrong direction. He felt his heart drop to his chest and heard the screech of metal against metal and feeling the metal from the car caving in around him.

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. And before Jungkook knew it, his car was thrown over the guardrail and he crashed into the trees in the forest.

And there was a moment where everything was silent. So silent that Jungkook could feel his pounding heart and the blood coursing through his veins. But then everything caught up to him.

The car that had originally run into him pulled away quickly and skidded down the highway. He heard other cars screeching over and pulling over to the scene. And the smell, the smell of gasoline and fire and chemicals was so potent and floated heavily over Jungkook.

Jungkook felt disoriented. The only thing he could think of was calling Taehyung and getting out of the car. He unbuckled his seat belt, feeling how shaky his hands were and getting more stressed out by the entire situation.

He tried opening the door but realized how it was crushed in on itself. He felt tears running from his eyes and tried to struggle with the door handle with shaky hands. Jungkook let out a choked sob and tried breaking the rest of the glass out of the window, since it was already damaged from the other car.

Jungkook yelled out and managed to crawl out of the window of the car, falling into the dirt in the forest. He felt the world spinning around him, the smell of gasoline becoming too much to handle. His hands were shaking so badly and he was lying there, not knowing what to do.

He felt his phone ringing in his pocket and tried getting to it, moving slowly because of how difficult it was to move. The phone kept ringing and he finally got it out of his pocket, when the ringing stopped. He saw the phone screen light up with a notification.

1 Voicemail - Taehyungie

Jungkook let out a loud, pained sob and tried desperately to click on the voicemail to listen to it. He almost screamed out in joy when the voicemail opened and tried to pick up his phone, but couldn't move his hands. He cried and instead chose to lean in closely to the phone to listen to Taehyung's voice.

"Hey, baby, just uh, calling to make sure everything's okay. You've been out for a while now."

Jungkook saw people running out of their cars in the distance towards him. He suddenly felt so, so much pain, all around his body and yelled out loudly.

"Hope you get home soon. Tannie's hogging up half of the bed." Taehyung chuckled.

Someone ran close enough to see Jungkook. He yelled out in pain again, feeling crushed both physically and mentally with being so far away from Taehyung.

"Love you, Jungkookie."

"I-I love you too," Jungkook choked out, sobbing and then yelling out in pain when his cries caused an immense amount of pain for him.

"Oh my god, call the ambulance, hurry!" Someone yelled, running up to Jungkook with a few people trailing behind her. She ran beside him and tried picking him up but laid him down gently when Jungkook cried out in pain.

Soon enough, Jungkook heard the loud sirens and saw the red and blue lights flashing nearby. People in dark blue clothes ran over to him and picked him up gently, putting him on a stretcher and carrying him into the ambulance.

"Sweetheart, can you tell me your name?" A lady asked, causing Jungkook to look up and try and focus on her. He wanted to speak, but the pain was so unbearable so he instead whimpered softly.

Something was strapped across Jungkook's face and he felt himself falling asleep. He felt like he was being strapped into something and groaned at the pain.

"Hey, try to stay with me..." Someone murmured. The world became blurry and the walls began spinning. Jungkook's eyes fluttered closed and the pain threatened to drag him in deeper.

"Taehyung..."

And everything went black.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶