𝟑𝟖 : 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃 (rewriting)

tri·cus·pid
/trīˈkəspəd/
denoting or relating to a valve formed of three triangular segments, particularly that between the right atrium and ventricle of the heart

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Taehyung walked around the hospital quickly in search of Jin. His shift had ended and he wanted to get back home to Jungkook as soon as possible, but had a few unanswered questions to address. He wasn't able to find Jin and felt bad for having his baby wait—Jungkook had gotten very impatient after dealing with Taehyung gone for so long throughout the day—but finally stumbled upon the man walking towards his office.

"What can I help you with, Taehyung?" Jin asked, opening the door to his office so that Taehyung could walk inside. Taehyung walked inside and took a seat before continuing the conversation.

"I'm... worried," he said rather quietly, lookin down at his lap. Jin rolled his eyes. "Well, yeah, I can tell," Jin said, taking the chair across from Taehyung.

Taehyung sighed loudly. "Is there any way that Jungkook's hands will heal? He's been so upset about the whole situation and just lazes around back at the apartment," Taehyung said, genuine concern in his voice. Jin looked at Taehyung sadly and pursed his lips together, not wanting to tell Taehyung the truth.

"I don't think they ever will," Jin said sadly. Taehyung sat silently for a minute as he took in the horrible news. He nodded silently and sat for another minute before continuing the conversation.

"O-Okay," Taehyung said, voice barely shaking but not to the point where it was unnoticeable. Jin looked at Taehyung sadly, wanting to comfort him but not really knowing how to be able to.

"That doesn't mean that I don't think he can develop more control in his hands, though," Jin added, trying not to laugh out loudly when Taehyung's solemn expression brightened almost immediately. Night and day, this kid, Jin thought.

Taehyung looked at Jin expectantly, waiting for him to continue. Taehyung had a certain look in his eyes and Jin knew that the boy was the right one for Jungkook. Taehyung looked like he would do anything for the boy who was waiting at home for him.

"I think that maybe having him do something with his hands will help him gain more control," Jin said. Taehyung quirked an eyebrow at Jin, immediately taking what he said the wrong way. Taehyung opened his mouth to point it out but was cut off when Jin started furiously blushing.

"Not like that, you horny fuck! I mean like playing an instrument..." Jin rambled on, mumbling something about how the younger generations were completely driven by sex. Taehyung laughed along and soon Jin joined in too, his loud windshield wiper-like laugh filling the small office.

"But in all seriousness, I don't think his hands will ever completely heal," Jin added sadly. Taehyung nodded along to what Jin was saying and stood up from his chair. "I think I'll get going now," Taehyung said, and Jin nodded and walked him out of the office.

"Thank you for helping us out, Jin," Taehyung said and Jin smiled sadly. He looked down at Taehyung and tried to find the confidence inside of him to respond.

"It's the least I can do."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Taehyung walked into his apartment, smiling at the excited "Taehyungie!" that Jungkook screamed loudly from the room. He placed his keys on the counter and decided to head to the bedroom when he heard some rustling. He walked down the hallway and almost sprinted down to the room when he heard a loud thud and an "oof" from Jungkook.

"Jungkookie, are you okay?" He asked, stumbling quickly into the room. He glanced around, not seeing Jungkook in the bed, and finally glanced down and saw Jungkook sprawled out across the rug beside the bed. Taehyung chuckled fondly and Jungkook's face turned a pretty shade of light pink.

"What are you doing on the floor, hm?" Taehyung teased, walking over to Jungkook and helping him back up onto the bed. Jungkook bit his lip in embarrassment and looked back up at Taehyung sadly. "I-I wanted to greet you and tried to grab the crutches but they started to slip out of my hands and then I reached after them because I didn't want them to fall and--" Jungkook began, rambling mindlessly at Taehyung.

Taehyung laughed again and pressed a soft kiss to Jungkook's lips to shut the boy up. Jungkook knew what Taehyung was doing and whined into the kiss, kissing back nonetheless. Taehyung pulled away quickly and headed off out of the bedroom and into his office.

"T-Taehyungie? Where are you going?" Jungkook called out from the bedroom when Taehyung suddenly ran off. Taehyung heard Jungkook huff loudly and struggle to get up with his crutches, but eventually he wobbled over to Taehyung and joined him in the office.

"You finally come home and you can't spend any time with me?" Jungkook whined, pouting cutely in the doorway. Taehyung sighed and smiled at the boy, glancing back at his computer and trying to hide the surprise that he was hiding from Jungkook.

"I just have some, uh... work to do, baby," Taehyung said, mentally applauding himself for his quick response. He couldn't shake the frown off his face when he saw Jungkook pout in front of him. "Fine," Jungkook said sadly and waddled out of the room on his crutches. Taehyung sighed, not knowing how to hide his present for Jungkook in any other way.

Oh well. He would be forgiven eventually, wouldn't he?

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶