𝟐𝟐 : 𝐄𝐂𝐆 (rewriting)

e·lec·tro·car·di·o·gram
/əˌlektrōˈkärdēōˌɡram/
a record or display of a person's heartbeat produced by electrocardiography

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Jungkook looked at his reflection in the mirror, deciding that he should put on more lip balm as he waited for Taehyung to pick him up. He saw the screen of his phone light up and got excited, haphazardly throwing his lip balm somewhere in the room and scurrying off to see Taehyung.

He walked out of his apartment and straight to Taehyung's car. Jungkook hopped into the front seat and put his seatbelt on, greeting Taehyung with a quick kiss to the cheek.

"Where are we headed?" Jungkook asked after Taehyung had been driving for a while already. Taehyung smiled and parked his car in the parking lot of a restaurant that looked way to expensive for Jungkook's wallet to handle.

Taehyung got out of the car and helped Jungkook out of his side, locking the doors behind them and heading into the restaurant. "T-Taehyungie, this place looks really expensive and I don't think I can—"

Taehyung pressed a soft kiss to Jungkook's lips before placing his hands on the boy's waist. "Don't worry about that baby. I've got it covered," Taehyung said and winked before walking up to the hostess stand and checking in for the reservation he made.

"Right this way," the hostess said and less the two boys towards the back of the restaurant and sat them down at a nice table. "Enjoy," she said, placing two menus down on the table before walking back to the front of the restaurant.

"Do you know what you want to eat?" Taehyung asked after the two had been looking at the menu for a while. Jungkook nodded and Taehyung placed his menu on the table. "So let's start from the beginning then, yeah?"

Taehyung sat up and rested his arms on the table. "My father was a surgeon. So, me being the oldest, he wanted me to continue with the 'family business', if you will."

"He started teaching me things when I was really young. I would be his surgical assistant during his surgeries so I would have what he called 'first-hand experience' as to what my future would be," Taehyung continued, looking away from Jungkook and glancing around. The waiter hadn't even come by yet.

"By the time I was in high school, he was forcing me into surgeries without a license. If I didn't comply, h-he would hit me or I wouldn't get food for a while," Taehyung said, feeling Jungkook reach across the table and hold his hand softly.

"He messed with the medical board and got me a license when I was 17. 17, Jungkook," Taehyung said, quickly wiping away tears that were falling down his face. "A-As soon as I turned 18, I left home. I barely had any money and spent the last years of my life traveling around and picking up small jobs. I had to leave quickly because no one thought my license was real."

"But Chanyeol," Taehyung said, "He believed me. He knew my license was real and didn't ask me how I got it. Instead, he gave me a job and... and now we're here," Taehyung said, holding tightly to Jungkook's hands across the table.

"S-Sorry for being a brat, Taehyungie," Jungkook said, feeling bad and squeezing Taehyung's hand lightly. Taehyung smiled and squeezed his hand back, reaching across the table to press a kiss to his boyfriend's lips.

"It's fine, I love my bratty baby anyways," Taehyung said, rubbing his thumb over Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook sat there shocked. Taehyung had just, albeit indirectly, said that he loved Jungkook. They had only been dating for a few months now and the most they had done was casually jack each other off.

"Sorry, you don't have to say it back—"

"I love you too, Taehyungie," Jungkook said, smiling up at the boy across from him. Taehyung smiled and glanced down at their menu, realizing that the waiter hadn't even come around to give them water.

"Where's our waiter?" Taehyung asked, glancing around the restaurant but still not seeing their waiter in sight. "I don't know," Jungkook responded, looking around the restaurant that was now slowly emptying.

"The service here kind of sucks," Taehyung whispered, pulling Jungkook's chair closer to his so he could wrap his arm around the boy's waist. Jungkook giggled and rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder, interlacing their hands underneath the table.

"We could go home, watch a movie, and eat ramen," Jungkook offered, looking up at the pretty boy who was sitting next to him. Taehyung grinned and pinched his waist, letting go of his hand to stand up and lead Jungkook out of the restaurant.

Jungkook trailed along happily behind before he stopped Taehyung as soon as the two got out of the restaurant. Taehyung rose an eyebrow at him and Jungkook wrapped his arms around the man's neck, pulling the two close.

"I love you," Jungkook murmured with his eyes trained on Taehyung's lips before he leaned in and connected his lips with Taehyung's, moving his lips softly against the other boy's.

Taehyung kissed back and put his hands on Jungkook's waist, rubbing small circles into the skin. He pulled away just far enough to look at Jungkook and brush the bangs falling into his eyes.

"I love you too."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶