TWENTY-FIVE

"I always knew Howard was going to change the world,"

Lottie's fingers brushed over the old photo of Howard. He looked so much older, standing beside his wife, Maria. She couldn't help the smile that crossed over her lips as she looked down at him, seeing what he had become.

"Too bad I didn't know the same Howard you did,"

Tony was leaning over the blueprints of Howard's arc reactor plans, his eyes moving down to see Anton Vanko's name written in the corner. Lottie looked over to Tony, rising from her seat and leaning on the table next to him, looking down at the plans laid out on the table. She smiled again as Tony watched her, her fingers dancing over the pages of the blueprints.

"This is going to change the world one day, Howard,"

Howard Stark smiled, clapping a hand down on Lottie's shoulder as he grinned down at her. She smiled back at him before they both looked down to the blueprints before them.

"Too bad I don't have the resources, or the technology to make it work," Howard sighed, rolling the blueprints up and placing them off to the side of the table. He leaned back in his seat, looking over at Lottie. "It's all just a fantasy."

"And someday, it's going to be a reality," Lottie told him, grinning over at him with confidence. "I mean, you've made me a super genius. If that's possibly, who knows what else could be."

"I really hate when you're right, and unfortunately that's all the time now," the pair laughed as Howard rose from his seat. "Come on, there's this place on Bellford Street that apparently has fondue to die for."

"How did it happen?" Lottie's voice came out in a whisper as she looked up at Tony. He swallowed the lump in his throat, looking back down at the blueprints and the box before him.

"December 16th, 1991," Tony said lowly, folding the blueprints back into the box and digging through the rest of it to find more information, hopefully. "Car crash, both him and mom didn't make it."

Lottie only nodded, watching as Tony grabbed two notebooks out of the box, throwing them onto the table before stumbling upon two reels of film sitting at the bottom. She raised an eyebrow as she watched his eyes light up for a moment.

"Jarvis, can you tell me where I keep that old film thing..."

Lottie cocked her head, confused as to who Tony could be talking to as he moved around the room with the film in hand.

"Of course, sir. It should be in the storage cabinet by the lab doors,"

"What the hell was that?"