THIRTY-SEVEN

"Stark, we're heading Northeast!"

"What, did you stop for drive-thru? Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you,"

Lottie placed her mask onto her face, watching as Jarvis activated himself while Natasha and Clint lowered the gun of the quinjet, firing toward the aliens that Tony had just laid out.

Steve and Lottie stood side by side, waiting for the moment to act while Natasha and Clint turned the quinjet toward Stark Tower, where Loki and Thor were currently fighting. Before either of her friends could make the shot, Loki blasted his scepter and took down one of the quinjet's engines. Lottie and Steve immediately jumped up, grabbing onto the pipes on the ceiling of the jet as it spun out of control.

Natasha and Clint did their best to steer the jet into an unoccupied portion of the New York streets, the four bodies within the jet jerking once the jet hit the ground and ran into the building directly in front of it.

"Come on! We gotta get back up there,"

Following behind Steve, the group of four ran out into the war ravaged streets of New York. They come up onto the overpass before them, stopping in their tracks as they look up at Stark Tower.

They stare up at the tower, where the portal above is open and Loki's army, the Chitauri, are streaming out in batches. Steve and Lottie watch with wide eyes at the amount of creatures from space pouring from the portal in the sky above their home.

"Tony, you seeing this?" Lottie calls into her ear piece

"Seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner, he showed up yet?"

"Banner?" Steve questioned, getting radio silence from Tony for a moment.

"Just keep me posted."

Steve and Lottie ducked behind the car that Clint and Natasha were currently covering behind, trying to formulate a plan together.

"We've got civilians trapped," Clint informed them, just as an army of Chitauri flew overhead, Loki leading them.

They blew up the entire block before the four on the overpass, leaving the screams of civilians running for their lives echoing through the air and the sight of the entire block going up in flames.

"They're fish in a barrel down there," Steve commented, and Lottie nodded along.

"We've got to get to first responders, maybe get a perimeter set up and evacuate civilians," Lottie tacked on. "Jarvis, where is the closest unit?"

"The eighteenth precinct is straight down the block, Miss Watson,"

Lottie relayed the information to Steve as they turned to look at Nat, who only nodded at them.

"You two go, we got this,"

"You think you can hold them off?" Steve questioned, as they turned to look at Clint.