SIXTY-NINE

LAGOS, NIGERIA

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Charlotte Watson wished that she was in Lagos to maybe see some sights, take a vacation. What she didn't want to be doing was tracking down ex-SHIELD agent and current HYDRA thug, Brock Rumlow, who they truly thought and wished was dead.

The soldiers, Captain America and Slate, stood side by side in the rundown Lagos apartment building, looking out the window as they gave their team time to settle in and get a good read on the area and the situation at hand. Steve stole a glance down at Lottie's hands and where they rested on the windowsill, a small grin lighting up his face for a moment.

"You know, you probably shouldn't wear that on missions,"

"Oh, this little thing?" Lottie held her hand up, the sunlight streaming through the window glinting off the small diamond that sat on her ring finger. She held a teasing smile as she put her hand back down, turning her attention back to the window. "I'm a big girl, Stevie, I won't lose it. Besides, I told you I'm never taking it off."

Steve and his love shared a small chuckle before he reached up, switching on his comms as he decided it was go time.

"All right, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target," Wanda Maximoff's voice flowed through the comms as she spoke. Lottie looked down the street from the window, catching a quick glance of her and Natasha sitting at a small, street-side cafe.

"Okay, quiz time. There's an ATM in the South corner, what's that mean?" Lottie shot back at the girl.

"Cameras,"

"Both streets are also one way only,"

"That means a compromised escape route,"

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out," Steve called back to her, correcting her previous statement.

"You're getting pretty good at this," Lottie told her, a little smile on her lips.

"Well, I've had some good teachers,"

"You see the red Range Rover up the street?" Steve cut in, trying to keep the mission on task.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute."

"It's also bulletproof," Natasha's voice cut in on the comms as Lottie saw her take a sip of her coffee. "Which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder is part of the job, Wanda," Lottie told her, her and Steve still eyeing the streets for any suspicious activity. "It needs to become second nature to you."