SIXTY-THREE

Lottie and Natasha sat side by side at the dining table of the Barton's home, snacking on the chips that had been laid out on the plate before them

Lottie and Natasha sat side by side at the dining table of the Barton's home, snacking on the chips that had been laid out on the plate before them. The team stood around, listing to Nick Fury, who had shown up not long ago to help them in their search for Ultron. The woman couldn't even deny that she was slightly happy to see the man. They were on much better terms after the fall of SHIELD.

Lila Barton ran up to the pair, a toothy grin on her face as she handed them a picture she had drawn. Both women smiled at the drawing of the butterfly before them.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing," Fury explained to the group. Steve leaned against the wall opposite his girlfriend, standing up a big straighter as he spoke to Fury.

"What about Ultron himself?"

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit," Fury joked, though no one laughed. "Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though,"

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony chimed in from across the kitchen, throwing darts at Clint's dart board.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway," Tony looked at him incredulously

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare,"

"I'd say I'm surprised, but I'm not," Lottie mumbled, gaining a glare from Tony and a chuckle from Natasha. 

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that," Fury looked at Steve, immediately seeing his confusion and explaining. "It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth."

"What'd they say?" Clint called out from the couch, twirling his arrows around in his fingers.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed,"

"So, we've got an ally?" Natasha questioned Fury, only to gain a shake of the head. 

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is,"

"Fury, this is all kind of helpful, but at the same time it isn't," Lottie told the man as he looked over at her, seeing the rest of the team nod along as well. "I was kinda hoping you'd have more."

"I do, I have you," the team looked around at one another as Fury moved through the kithcen, coming to sit at the dining room table. "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Watch it, Stevie doesn't like that kind of talk," Lottie teased, sending Steve a wink in the process.

"Doll-"