ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN

{I HIGHLY suggest listening to It's Been A Long, Long Time during this chapter

{I HIGHLY suggest listening to It's Been A Long, Long Time during this chapter...}

The evening sunlight shone through the glass panes, leaving streaks of light all throughout the house. Setting just over the horizon, the light reflected off the water as it rippled lightly, a cool breeze blowing through the air as the water lapped up at the shoreline.

Just over the dock and through the treeline, the small yellow house could be seen in the distant. The color stood out among the endless greenery surrounding it.

Through the large panes of glass that outlined the back of the house, stretching from the top of the deck to the roof, a single light illuminating from the simple chandelier brightened up the sitting room, along with the light shining through from the sun.

The old radio sat on the shelf near the kitchen door, the soft tune of one of Harry James most well known songs floating through the air, the music notes, surrounding the couple stood in the middle of the room.

Steve Rogers' eyes were closed as his body swayed back and forth. He was clad in just a simple pair of jeans and a button up, the feeling so freeing in comparison to his old suit.

Charlotte Rogers rested in her husband's arms. The familiar red dress hugging her body. One hand rested on Steve's shoulder, the other clasped tightly in his other hand as the couple danced around the living room to the gorgeous tune.

Never thought that you would be
standing here so close to me

"You know," Steve's Rogers voice broke the silence of the moment, his tone soft as his head rested on top of Lottie's. "I always dreamed of dancing with you."

The sentiment was bittersweet. Lottie couldn't help but smile, yet tear up, at the familiar words. They were some of the last words that her love ever told her before he put the plane in the water oh so many years ago.

"I always dreamed of loving you," her voice floated through the air, music to his ears. "ever since the moment I met you. It was always you."

"It was always you too, doll,"

There's so much I feel that I should say
but words can wait until some other day

Steve Rogers hand moved it's way from his wife's waist, coming up to cup her cheek as he brought her face up to look at him. A smile crossed both of their faces as they stared down at one another.

"I almost told you, you know?" he confessed to her as he put his forehead on her's, blue eyes boring into green ones. "In one of our letters so long ago, I almost confessed."