ONE HUNDRED ONE

"I am so confused,"

"I am so confused,"

Sat at a diner in New York, Bruce Banner sat before the team at the end of the table, shoveling food into his face. Except, this Bruce wasn't the one that they had always known. Instead, in the five years between the snap and now, Bruce had found a way to merge him and the Hulk into one body.

"These are confusing times,"

"That's not what I meant-"

"No, I get it. I'm kidding! I know. It's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now!"

Lottie sighed, leaning back into Steve's chest as his arm stayed wrapped around her shoulders. Natasha sat on her other-side across from Scott Lang, the entire trio on that side of the table completely done with what was going on in front of them.

"I'm just...mind blown," Scott looked at the trio with wide eyes, seeing how completely done they looked before turning back to Bruce. "How?"

"Five years ago, we got our asses beat. Except it was worse for me. Because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost. I blamed myself. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds..."

The trio could only sit and watch as a group of children walked up to the table, smiles on their faces as they handed their phone to Bruce and asked for a picture. Lottie couldn't help but smile as she watched them. Seeing children with genuine smiles on their faces in times like these wasn't something they saw often.

Scott took the phone from Bruce, holding it up for the photo as Bruce brought the kids in.

"Say 'GREEN'!"

"Green!"

"Do you guys want to grab a picture with me?" Scott asked them. "I'm Ant-Man...of course, no one knows Ant-Man."

"No, no, he feels bad. No, he wants you to...he wants to... You want to take a picture with him, right?"

"I don't want a picture with them-"

"I'm actually going to lose my mind," Lottie mumbled under her breath, gaining low, but annoyed chuckles from both Nat and Steve.

Steve tightened his grip on his wife, growing more annoyed by the second as Bruce finally let the kids walk away.

"Bruce," Steve's call didn't gain the man's attention. "Bruce!"

The man finally turned, shoveling more food into his mouth as he looked at the team before him.

"Can we get back to the topic at hand?" Lottie asked, an annoyed smile on her lips as Bruce sheepishly nodded.

"Right. The whole time travel do-over? Guys, it's outside my area of expertise," Bruce told them with a shrug.