SIXTY-FIVE

Steve Rogers led the pack, on a mission as he walked through the hallways of the Avengers Tower toward the lab, where he knew he would find Tony and the cradle

Steve Rogers led the pack, on a mission as he walked through the hallways of the Avengers Tower toward the lab, where he knew he would find Tony and the cradle. The twins brought up the rear, on just as much of a mission as Steve currently was.

Lottie stood beside her boyfriend, quiet as she walked. She so desperately didn't want to do this, she wanted the team to be on the same page and stop the fighting, but it was almost impossible because all Tony and Steve seemed to do was pick sides.

She wanted to trust Tony, but her patience was running thin.

The walked into the lab, where Tony and Bruce were working on the cradle. They looked up at the sound of the group's footsteps.

"I'm gonna say this once-"

"How about nonce-"

"Shut it down!"

"Not gonna happen-"

"Tony," Lottie cut in, a frown settled on her face as Tony looked over at her, mirroring her frown now. "You have to stop this, you need to just listen to us and stop. You don't know what you're dealing with-"

"And you do?" Bruce cut in, his eyes narrowed as he looked at Wanda. "How do we know she's not in your head?"

Wanda looked around uncomfortably, taking a step away from Bruce.

"I know you're angry-"

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade-"

"Bruce, enough!" Lottie called out, taking a protective stance in front of Wanda as Steve stepped forward toward them.

"Banner, after everything that's happened-"

"It's nothing compared to what is coming!" Tony retaliated.

Lottie kept her stance in front of Wanda as Bruce began to walk toward them. She narrowed her eyes at her friend, prepared to keep him as far away from the young girl as she could.

Pietro wasn't having any of the fighting, quickly running throughout the room and destroying the lab equipment. The action quickly shut the group up, pausing them in their tracks as they turned to look at him.

"Oh no, you were saying?"

The glass beneath Pietro's feet shattered as he dropped to the floor below, and Lottie was certain that it was Barton that did it.

Warning sirens began to sound from the cradle and the various machines as Tony went to reroute the system. Steve quickly threw his shield at the systems, knocking them out as the Iron Man suit encased Tony as he shot Steve back.

Bruce charged at Wanda and Lottie quickly threw her shield up, holding it out before her as her hand grabbed onto Wanda's, keeping her as close as possible as her eyes narrowed again at her friend.