FIFTY-NINE

"Stark

"Stark..."

The Avengers stood together on the upper balcony portion of the living room, looking down toward the elevators. The voice came from one of the Iron Legion suits. Tony turned at the sound of Steve's voice, locking eyes with Lottie. They nodded, Lottie turning her wrist and flicking a holograph screen down her forearm from her bracelets, quickly opening the Iron Legion protocol.

"Jarvis?" Tony called out, hoping to get the AI to do the work for her.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a- dream?"

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit," Tony continued to call out for Jarvis, though he never responded. Steve took a protective step in front of Lottie as she moved through the Iron Legion protocol system.

Her eyes widened when she realized that all of the suits were accounted for. None of them read any problems.

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy,"

"You killed someone?" Steve questioned. The team all shared looks, moving into defense positions. One look between Lottie and Tony told the man all he needed to know as the Avengers eyed their opponent carefully.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices,"

"Who sent you?" Thor's booming voice echoed throughout the room, his grip tightening on his hammer. Maria Hill still sat on the couches, carefully reaching over to grab her gun.

" 'I see a suit of armor around the world', "

Lottie's breath hitched at the familiar voice of Tony coming from the bot. She turned, locking eyes with Bruce as the same thought ran through their heads, before they looked to Tony.

"Ultron," Bruce finally spoke their thought aloud, gaining wide eyes from Tony himself.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this...chrysalis. But I'm ready. I'm on a mission,"

"Tony," Lottie spoke lowly, her voice a warning toward the man. She knew something would go wrong. Steve took another step in front of Lottie as she flicked off the holographic screen, preparing herself.

"What mission?" Natasha questioned, her and Bruce eyeing up the bot in close proximity to one another.

"Peace in our time,"

The walls of the elevator blasted open, multiple Iron Legion bots flying out toward the team. Lottie's eyes widened as she flicked her wrists, armor covering her hands as she generated her shield.

The team dove out of the way as Steve kicked up the table in front of them, only for the bot to break it and send the pair of soldier flying backwards. They landed not far away from each other, Lottie's shield shouldering most of the fall.