THIRTY

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

EIGHT MONTHS LATER

"Good to go on this end. The rest isup to you two,"

Pepper Potts and Charlotte Watson stood side by side in the living room of Stark Tower, watching the computer monitors closely for anything out of the ordinary. Tony's voice floated though the room from his Iron Man armor as they looked to the small screen that showed his face.

"You've disconnected all transmission lines?" Lottie questioned, looking at the man on the screen. "We're totally off the grid?"

"Stark Tower's about to become abeacon of self-sustaining cleanenergy,"

"Well, assuming the arc reactortakes over and it actually works," Pepper reminded him, the two women sharing a quick smile.

"I assume. Light her up,"

Lottie stood back, allowing Pepper the honors as she flipped the switch. The two couldn't see their handiwork from inside, but they new Tony could see it all out there. Lottie took a few steps toward the window with a small smile.

"How's it look, Tony?"

"Like Christmas...but with more me,"

Lottie only shook her head, staring out at the vast New York skyline before her as she allowed Pepper to share a few words with Tony, before she finally decided to rejoin her at the monitors.

"This is fun an all, but I really do miss Venice. I can't wait till he takes a break and we can catch up on Game of Thrones, though," Lottie joked with Pepper, earning a laugh from her friend as they thought back on their short Venice vacation only three months prior, and their tradition of sitting together and watching Game of Thrones ever Sunday night.

"Once we get the next three buildings zoned and ready, I swear we'll go back," Pepper and Lottie turned for a moment, seeing Tony reentering the living room with that classic smirk on his face. "Levels are holding steady...I think."

"They are, Pep," Lottie informed her with a reassuring smile.

"Of course they are, Lottie and I were directlyinvolved. Which leads me to my nextquestion: how does it feel to be agenius?"

Both Tony and Lottie shared a smile as she walked away from them, moving down into the sunken living room to pour them all a drink. Plus, she didn't need to be in the middle of their couple moment.

"Well, ah, I really wouldn't knownow would I?"

"What do you mean? All this camefrom you,"

"This all came from that," Tony looked to Lottie, who was pointing down at his arc reactor. He rolled his eyes, looking back and forth between the two most important women in his life.

"Give yourself some credit guys, please.Stark Tower is your baby. Giveyourselves twelve percent of thecredit," 

"Twelve percent?"