ONE HUNDRED FOUR

"Okay, so the 'how' works

"Okay, so the 'how' works. Now we gotta figure out the when...and the where,"

Together in the conference room, the team sat with one another. The hologram boards before them showcased the different Infinity Stones on them as Steve spoke to the team.

 "Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones," Lottie informed the team as Tony walked over, cutting her off.

"Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six infinity stones," he shot his best friend a quick wink.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history," Bruce chimed in.

"In our history," Lottie remind him before looking back to the team. "That doesn't leave many places to just drop in."

"Let's start with the Aether," Steve announced, looking around the room. "Thor, what do you know?"

All eyes in the room drifted to the God in question, who was resting on one of the chairs in the corner of the room. His eyes were closed, head tilted back with sunglasses resting on his face and his half empty beer can balanced on his beer gut.

Lottie raised an eyebrow at the sight, sharing a look with Steve.

"Is he asleep?"

"No. I'm pretty sure he's dead,"

Once the God finally awoke from his slumber, Thor stumbled his way to the front of the screens. The rest of the team moved to stand back, cautiously watching him as he tried his best to actually read the screen through his haze.

"Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before," Thor pointed toward Lottie and Steve, who both already looked completely done with the conversation at hand. "It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that."

With a sigh, Lottie tucked herself into Steve's side, already knowing that they were going to be in for a long explanation that probably wouldn't actually teach them much about the Aether.

"...Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead..."

Lottie looked over at Tony, raising an eyebrow at him as she turned the drunk God out. Tony sighed, waving her off as he got to his feet and walked up to Thor. He attempted to push him back into his seat, but Thor waved him off.

"...the only thing permanent in life is impermanence,"

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No...I'd like a Bloody Mary,"