NINETY-EIGHT

Steve Rogers tapped his razor on the edge of the sink, letting it rest on the edge as he grabbed the bathroom towel hanging on the rack

Steve Rogers tapped his razor on the edge of the sink, letting it rest on the edge as he grabbed the bathroom towel hanging on the rack. Gently, he patted his face clean, looking up into the mirror at the now freshly shaven Steve Rogers that stared back at him.

The super soldier's hand gripped the edge of the sink as he stared up at himself. It had been almost a month, and Steve Rogers hadn't let a smile cross his lips once. Not since the lost, not since Carol Danvers flew off into space to find Tony and Lottie and bring them home...or their dust.

The mirror in front of Steve began to rattle, along with the sink and the floor below him. His gaze turned to the doorway, where Natasha Romanoff had just appeared.

The pair bolted out of the compound, Bruce, Rhodey, and Rocket right with them as they came to stand in the open field just outside the compound. Pepper Potts was already waiting there, looking up at the sky.

Carol Danvers glowed bright as she carried the Benatar to the earth below. She placed it on the ground as gently as she could before turning to look at the team, giving them a nod of her head.

The ramp of the ship opened as Steve was the first to rush forward.

Nebula held onto Tony's arm, carefully taking one step at a time until they finally reached the bottom, where Steve met them and gripped onto Tony's other arm, ready to help his sickly looking friend. Nebula let go, allowing Steve to take the man before she disappeared back into the ship.

"We couldn't stop him," Tony muttered, leaning against Steve heavily as the soldier moved him away from the ship.

"Neither could I,"

Tony paused, taking a deep breath as he held onto Steve's shoulder, keeping them in place. Steve could see the emotion written clearly on his face as he stumbled over his words.

"I lost the kid,"

"Tony...we lost,"

"Is...is um..." Tony trailed off as he looked to his right, just as Pepper stopped in her tracks before them

The woman broke down immediately, tugging Tony into her arms as she buried her face in his neck, letting the tears run freely as Tony gripped her back as hard as he could.

Steve smiled, taking a few steps away as he watched the two have their moment. The sound of footsteps on the metal of the ship's ramp brought Steve's attention back.

Nebula hand an arm fully around Charlotte Watson, taking the steps even slower now. Lottie almost crumpled with every step, her breathing heavy as her feet finally touched the earth. 

Her eyes trailed up, locking on the baby blue ones she had missed so much, and the weight of the world came crashing down on both of them.

A loud sob ripped through Lottie throat as she crumpled to the ground and out of Nebula's touch. The blue woman only backed away as Steve Rogers rushed forward, sliding across the ground as his arms wrapped around the frail body of Charlotte Watson, a sob running through him as well.