ONE HUNDRED EIGHT

Director Fury and Tony Stark were sat inside the closed donut shop, having an intense discussion about his current situation with Palladium poisoning

Natasha Romanoff was stood outside, conversing with one of the SHIELD agents that normally accompanied Fury for safety reasons. Every once and awhile, her eyes would drift back to the woman waiting nervously, the one they had retrieved from the ice just days before.

After watching her pace for a few moments, Natasha finally made the move to approach her.

"You're nervous, and you're making ti quite obvious,"

Charlotte Watson looked up at the woman quickly, shooting her a nervous smile.

"Sorry it's just...it feels so weird being here. It's almost like a whole new world,"

"Thought your brain moved so fast that you processed all this?" Nat questioned with a raise of her eyebrow. "Shouldn't you feel adjusted?"

"I do, but my brain can't get rid of the loss," Lottie told her with a shrug. "Everyone I loved and knew is seventy years in the past. My best friends, my mother, the love of my life...my brain can't get rid of that. Knowing that the son of my best friend is in there is...strange."

Natasha was quiet as she watched the woman look down at her hands. She contemplated her next move as Fury called her in over the comms.

Without a second of hesitation, Natasha placed her hand on the woman's shoulders, bringing her attention to the assassin.

" I'm not any of them, and you don't know me. But believe me when I promise you that you won't ever be alone, not again,"

The familiar batons, created by Tony years ago, sat in the palms of Charlotte Rogers hands.

Beneath them lied a bed of red roses and dark green leaves, and directly in the middle was the symbol of the Black Widow: the red hourglass. The piece was gorgeous, something that brought tears to the eyes of the entire team.

Exiting the kitchen, where she had put the piece together, Lottie walked through the doors and out onto the lawn.

Lining the way to the dock leading out to the river was the rest of the team, the one's who knew Natasha, but not in the way that original six that fought with her had. They stood together with their heads bowed respectively, deciding to stay back and mourn from afar, allow the ones closest to her to be with her in this moment.

Swallowing the lump that rose in her throat, Charlotte stepped onto the platform of the dock, looking into the eyes of all of her closest friends. She held back her tears as she turned to face Clint, handing the bed of roses to him.