SIXTY-TWO

When the Avengers exited the quinjet again, it was broad daylight

When the Avengers exited the quinjet again, it was broad daylight. Clint had parked them in the middle of a field, leading the tired group up the dirt path that lead to a little white ranch house sitting in the middle of the field.

"What is this place?" Thor questioned as they moved up the stairs of the home. Steve and Lottie clung to one another, barely straying from the other since they had woken from their dreams.

"A safe house?" Tony suggested, shrugging his shoulders. Clint looked back at the team as he opened the door, supporting Natasha with his other arm.

"Let's hope. Honey, I'm home!"

The group stood in the living room of the cozy looking farmhouse as Clint looked around. All eyes fell to a woman walking out of the kitchen, one hand resting on her very pregnant stomach. Lottie's heart stopped for a moment at the sight as she looked away from the woman, not noticing Steve look down at her.

"Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead," Clint told her with a smile, pulling her into a quick kiss.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony told the team, trying to figure out what exactly was happening right now.

"Team, this is Laura," Clint introduced, the woman giving a shy smile and wave to all of them. Lottie locked eyes with her for a moment, giving her a smile to the best of her ability, before looking away. The sound of footsteps on the stairs brought another smile to Clint's face. "Ooh, incoming!"

Lottie tried her best to smile as she watched Clint embrace with his children, but the smile just didn't meet her eyes. Not after the dream.

"These are...smaller agents,"

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" The little girl in Clint's arms asked. Natasha brightened up instantly, moving forward with a smile.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?"

At the sight of Natasha with the little girl, Lottie couldn't help but really smile.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve told Laura, tightening his grip on Lottie.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony told the family as Clint turned with a smile.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low,"

Removing Steve's hand from around her waist, Lottie moved away from him. Sending him a little grin. Thor pushed his way through the group and toward the front door, and Lottie gave the nod of her head to follow him.

As she watched Steve chase after Thor, the woman approached by Natasha and Laura, who were in the middle of a conversation together.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," her voice was quiet, immediately making Natasha slightly suspicious. "I just really need to lie down for a second, maybe wash off. Is there somewhere I can-"