ONE HUNDRED FOURTEEN

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration,"

One of the hardest things that The Avengers had ever had to do was watch Tony Stark speak to them about his own death.

The living room of the Stark family lake house was crowded with Tony's family: Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy sat side by side with little Morgan Stark, who barely even understood what was going on. Steve stood in the back, his arm tightly wound around Lottie as they watched the hologram of Tony walk through the living room and talk. Thor, Bruce, and Clint stood off to the side as well with Peter Parker and May Parker beside them. The original team, his closest friends, Tony's family stood in the room together.

"I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? That epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in,"

The hologram of Tony Stark stopped in his tracks, taking a seat on the chair that he had with him while filming. He turned back to the camera, where the group sat as the hologram played out of one of his many suit helmets, and smiled. It was a sight that they all wished they could see one last time.

"So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. Not that, death in any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's... it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. But then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end," hologram Tony rose from his seat, a large grin on his face as he leaned down in front of the camera, the scene looking like they were staring right back at them. "Uh, what am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

Hologram Tony paused for a moment, smiling down at the camera with love and adoration in his eyes. Lottie's eyes stung with tears as she realized exactly who he was looking at and thinking of in that moment: little Morgan Stark.

"I love you 3,000,"

On his end, Tony Stark flipped off the recording, the hologram disappearing as the team sat in silence for just a moment, staring at the spot that Tony had just stood in.

Pepper cleared her throat, wiping her under-eyes as she rose to her feet, her lip quivering as she stared back at her family behind her.

"Why don't you all take a moment before we head outside? I'll get you when I'm ready, I just...I need a minute or two,"

The team nodded, staying silent for a moment as they watched Pepper pick her daughter up and walk into the kitchen, leaving the team alone in the living room to speak with one another.