Chapter 5 - The Prisoner Awaiting Decapitation Who Sleeps Upon The Dragon Bed

For the entire afternoon, Feng Zhao Wen never gave the command for me to be dragged out and beheaded.

Even more strange is, there is only the two of us eating the evening meal together.

When the eunuch in charge of meals arranged two plates of meat dishes and two plates of vegetable dishes onto the table, I distractedly looked at those "imperial dishes" not daring to touch them with my chopsticks.

.....For someone who has rarely seen meat in three years, who eats a meal and is hungry the next, a criminal awaiting execution, these two plates of meat dishes....are really lacking in quantity...

Feng Zhao Wen used a pair of silver chopsticks to point at the exquisite dish: "Eat. Why aren't you eating!"

En, I am a person who is going to die soon. This deceptive kind of courtesy, I can treat it like nothing!

I wielded my silver chopsticks, striking left and right. Feng Zhao Wen who was chewing carefully and swallowing slowly had not yet eaten half a bowl of rice, when the entire two plates of meat dishes were already in my belly.

The eunuch standing in attendance behind him, Tian Bing Qing's mouth twitched. The expression in his eyes was severe to the point of wishing to put me to death by a thousand cuts. Mainly, he wanted to express, using an intense face, that I was "extremely brave" actually daring to let his majesty the emperor eat rice with just vegetables, unwilling to let go of even a single piece of meat....

But I had only just eaten to half full. For these past three years, my stomach has been deprived of fats. These few measly pieces of meat were simply incapable of compensating. I couldn't help but repeatedly peek at that empty plate.

Feng Zhao Wen placed his chopsticks down, the corner of his lips slightly curved, clearly in a good mood: "Still not full? Still want to eat something?"

I saw that his manner of speaking did not seem false. I felt that he, as a mighty emperor, only eating this many dishes was being stingy, but towards a person who is about to die, he probably wouldn't begrudge a bit of meat right? Thus, without the slightest bit of hesitation, I requested: "Meat, simmer-fried pork shoulder, simmer-fried streaky pork, simmer-fried pig trotters......in general simmer-fried meat. No matter what part, as long as it is on a pig's body, just bring me a piece to satisfy my craving?!"

I fervently stared at him: agree to my request agree to my request agree to my request honorable emperor!

He gracefully placed the rice in his hand down, indifferently turned towards the eunuch standing in attendance behind him and coolly said a line: "Tian Bing Qing ah, I see that today's imperial meal is a bit plain."

Tian Bing Qing's forehead was immediately covered in cold sweat, his face ashen. Dashing outside to relay the meal requests, his steps were a bit feeble.

Towards his figure, going off into the distance, I was extremely sympathetic: "Your majesty, this imposingness of yours is a bit too strong!"

Feng Zhao Wen's serene phoenix eyes gently glanced over. For my red braised pork, I immediately shut my mouth.

Speaking of which, Feng Zhao Wen is an extremely odd person.

After staying with him for half a day, I came to this conclusion.

He wholeheartedly used his strength to help his father conquer the world. Begrudging himself food, begrudging himself clothes, working hard until late at night. Even after finishing the evening meal, he doesn't shift his body, but continues to sit behind the writing desk, inspecting account books. In the end, what for?