Chapter 6 - Enemies On A Narrow Road, Red-Eyed Love Rival

The imperial garden's peach blossom forest is a good place for a stroll to aid digestion, as well as a good place for lovers to meet up.

That year, when great Chen was destroyed, I, returning from the frontlines, was dragged by Xiao Huang, who wanted to go see the peach blossoms in the imperial garden. Every year during March, the imperial garden's peach blossoms were dark crimson and fragrant, piled up like brocade, layered like red clouds. It was precisely the season when crab apples wept blood.

A pity that the outside world was intoxicated by the fire of war. Great Qi's army was in the midst of its attack against the imperial city, the beat of the wood striking upon the city gate one by one, was like a heavy hammer ruthlessly smashing down on the people's will, smashing their will and courage until both trembled uncontrollably. Naturally, we did not go.

Having eaten and drank my fill, with no child from a previous marriage to demand my care, I could only feel that the spring day was bright and sunny. Under Tian Bing Qing's accompaniment, I wandered around and finally ended up at the peach blossom forest. Delicate fragrance entering my nose, a curtain of red clouds filling my eyes, I only felt the ease of my heart. I thought to myself, if Xiao Huang knew that being a great Qi prisoner meant a full belly and being able to appreciate beautiful scenery, would he regret it deep down?

Being able to run into Qin Yu Zheng in this kind of place, it is simply enemies on a narrow road.

Four palace maids trailed behind Qin Yu Zheng. I remember that compared to my age, she was still wanting by a year, but at this moment, she was dressed as a married woman. With a stretched neck, she was impatiently watching the little stone bridge that faced the peach blossom forest. With her intensity, she could even be the Amah Rock.

It was as Tian Bing Qing and I moved to pass by her from behind that we saw this strange scene and could only agree with that age-old saying: where is there a place that living things will not meet.

You see, Qin Yu Zheng, as the eldest daughter of great Chen's royal prince Rui from his first wife, used to be stuck-up and ride upon my head. I had thought that great Chen having been destroyed, this girl, no matter what, would follow in the dire straits of the imperial family? Who would have imagined that after raising Xiao Huang outside while bearing hardships and tiredness, going around in a circle to become a captured, lowly prisoner and brought back, this girl, who compared to me could only be lowlier and not superior, unexpectedly, would have Tian Bing Qing advance forward and greet: "Appearing before imperial concubine Yu!" causing me to feel like the clear skies had cast down a bolt of lighting to strike upon my head. My bewilderment gave birth to the illusion that it was currently night instead of day!

–She, Qin Yu Zheng, has become Feng Zhao Wen's imperial concubine?

This was simply the world's biggest joke!

Back then, didn't she desperately try, by any means possible, to marry Yan Ping and become his wife?

I once hated her to the bones, wringing my brain to the limits in order to retaliate against her. I could never have imagined though, that in a place I didn't know about, destiny had long ago given her a ruthless smack.

What news could be more pleasing than this?

I honestly could not stop myself from letting out a"pu" sound of laughter . Hearing it, she slowly turned her body around, elegant eyebrows slightly wrinkled, and very unhappily glared at me. The imperial maid at her side loudly rebuked: "Audacious! Appearing before imperial concubine Yu but still not kneeling? Which palace are you from? What is this impropriety?"