Chapter 43 The Digging of Ancestral Tomb

I had to say, Yi Wang picked the right location. We were at a pretty sloping terrain. There was a cotton field behind us; they could march in to fight enemies and could easily retreat and disappear into the field if the circumstances proved to be unfavorable for them.

The Great Qi's soldiers were imposing and solemn; they were wearing black uniforms and armors. They slowly stopped at around fifty steps away from us; a slight signal from Feng Zhao Wen would be enough for them to march in and kill all of us. Amidst the choking silence, Yi Wang laughed mockingly, "This king thought that the rumor of the Great Qi's emperor loving General Guang Wu was just that; a rumor. Only now does this king realized that it is true." His eyes were piercingly cold when he glanced at me, but his voice was warm.

I wonder if that rumor was a silent threat from the palace or the work of his spies....

Xiao Huang eyed me from head to toe before whispering, "The Great Qi's emperor's taste is really extraordinary."

I felt a bit embarrassed, "Wangye may not know this, the Great Qi is extremely cold. The women are all tall and strong, unlike the weak and vulnerable me....." I could not help but sigh, "A ruler's love is originally short-lived, wangye must not take it seriously."

Even though I was already a pro at lying and being shameless, this was the first time for me to praise myself like that. Sorry, Your Majesty; I didn't mean to discredit you, but when death was already hovering over my head, I could not care for anything else.

The coldness in Yi Wang's eyes did not dissipate as he warmly spoke, "General Guang Wu is only doing this for the kingdom and the people; so the Great Chen could recover. The common people will thank you for this."

Those words sounded like something he would say to someone who was about to die.....

Xiao Huang suddenly gave Feng Zhao Wen a commiserating look. That kid's head was really muddled; it was truly unfortunate that my hands were tied and I could not give him a knock in the head.

Before we departed, Yi Wang had said, "Even though General Guang Wu is a former official of the Great Chen, it is time for you to sacrifice yourself for the kingdom. We will have to trouble you to play along." Without waiting for my consent, the little miss stepped forward and tied a dead knot around my hands. Then, she followed me closely from behind, her sword clutched tight.

Unwilling to yield to others, Xiao Huang grabbed his own sword and stood in front of the little miss. I had no idea if he was trying to find the opportunity to run with me or to end the little miss in one go.

I could sense his hatred for the little miss these past few days. The little miss too seemed to be ruthless when fighting with him. Seems like he would have his chance for revenge today.

Yi Wang's aide suddenly spoke out, "Does Your Majesty brought our military seal?"

...... That thing should still be in Father's grave, right?

Someone from the Great Qi's side replied, "The seal is here. What about our empress?"

My head buzzed, I could only think of one thing; Feng Zhao Wen, you dared to dig my Father's grave?

Xiao Huang kicked my legs. I angrily glared at him; it was not his family's ancestral grave that just got dug up!

He blinked at me and I was promptly relieved. Perhaps, the seal was fake...

I blinked back at him in agreement. When the little miss grabbed my arm and dragged me through the crowd, he chased after us and grabbed my other arm tight. The three of us stood at the very front of the Great Chen's side.