Chapter 51 1. His Highness Qing Jun's Life - Ran Away From Home

Crown Prince Qing Jin kicked the entrance gate of the Marquis of An's manor. His childish voice pierced through the courtyard, "Grandpa Tong, open the door!"

One of the guards that always followed him immediately stepped forward to stop him, "Careful, Your Highness! You are hurting your foot!"

The prince frowned from the pain.

The Marquis of An's manor was strange. The old master liked to guard the gate. All of the servants there came from the palace, they were originally not used to having their master guarding the gate, but after time passed, they got used to it.

When the gate was opened, a small body rushed into Uncle Tong's embrace. The Crown Prince raised his head to complain, "Grandpa Tong, imperial mother bullied me. I don't want to live in the palace anymore!" His imperial mother who could enrage his imperial father until he stomp his foot on the ground would only lower her head and admit fault when you placed her in front of this old man.

Though the Crown Prince was only 5, he knew that really well.

... Could this be considered running away from home?

Uncle Tong laughed while shaking his head.

Though the Crown Prince and the empress had different personalities, they both tend to leave the palace when angry, and their destination would always be the same: The Marquis of An's manor.

"What happened this time?" Uncle Tong held the Crown Prince's hand and led him inside.

The Crown Prince's petal-like lips were pursed in anger, "Imperial mother and I did not share the same opinion. She punished me to copy books." He would have been fine if he was only punished, the problem was he was ordered to copy, 'The Virtues of Women' and books like that.

His imperial mother was carrying his one year old little sister while leisurely looking at him, "It is not hard for you to memorize complex subjects in historical books. Only when you copy all these complicated things will you finally realize the hardship that imperial mother has to endure. Only then will you become obedient and filial to imperial mother.."

He had always been obedient and filial....

Seems like his imperial mother was idle and was just trying to squander time with him.

And so, Crown Prince Qing Jun skipped class and ran away from home. He ate lunch with his Grandpa Tong, and then, afternoon tea, and then, he even had a little nap. When he thought that his Grand Tutor Yan Ping was no longer waiting for him in the palace, he asked his Uncle An Le to send him back to the palace.

Being downgraded to a coachman, the Marquis of An bravely expressed his doubts, "Feng Qing Jun, you must have been too lazy to attend class, so you purposely angered your mother so that she would punish you and give you the excuse to run away from home!"

Feng Qing Jun: "Uncle, can you not be so smart?"

At least, his imperial mother could not see through everything.

The Grand Tutor Yan Ping who was left to dry in the hall where the Crown Prince usually practiced martial arts could only return to his manor with a belly full of tea.

Reporting or complaining would be useless. Even though the empress would chase the Crown Prince around while waving a cane, it would be useless in the end.

He was stuck between the mother and the son.

The Grand Tutor secretly wept, "The little child is really really hard to handle. Your Majesty, can I resign?"

The emperor harrumphed coldly, "Why wouldn't you help raise zhen's child? Are you still yearning for zhen's empress?"

Your Majesty, things like that were better left unsaid though everyone practically knew.