Chapter 8 - His Majesty The Emperor, Whose Head Is Covered In Green

Imperial Concubine Yu came in as I was holding the rice bowl and pigging out.

She bowed prettily to Feng Zhao Wen, but I didn't even bother lifting an eyelid to look. With a pick of my chopstick, I captured two pieces of red braised pork. Using the meat-snatching technique that I practiced in the barracks, surpassing even the men, I unperturbedly continued to stuff my mouth with meat, following up with a mouthful of rice.....Truly muthafucking delicious ah!

She revealed an expression of repulsion, gazing repeatedly upon the skirt I wore and my table manners. I have never considered these two things to be greatly related; whether I wear a skirt or men's shorts, I still have to eat.

I gave her a friendly smile before saying: "Greetings imperial concubine Yu!"

In the peach blossom forest, Xiao Tian said that Feng Zhao Wen had given me permission to not kneel to the imperial concubines within the palace. Only now did I find merit in this verbal order. It was simply too wonderful for words.

Heaven knows, the person who I didn't want to kneel to most is Qin Yu Zhen. That one kneel in the peach blossom forest had simply been to embarrass her. In the past, she often used this very trick to give me a hard time....I just wanted to see if it was effective or not, that's all.

Seeing that my waist and back were as straight as a rod, without the slightest desire to kneel, that hibiscus-like face turned a bit menacing. If she had a whip in hand at this moment, it certainly would have been lashed at me. Unfortunately, in general, when appearing before the emperor, one cannot have any sharp objects. As an imperial concubine whose purpose is to share the emperor's bed, this rule is even more firmly enforced.

She smiled sweetly towards Feng Zhao Wen, saying coyly: "Your majesty, today, in the peach blossom forest, I saw this little sister. This little sister's appearance is truly graceful and elegant. Us sisters, your concubines, are lonely within the palace, and rarely does your majesty find another little sister to accompany us. It's just, I'm unaware of this little sister's name?"

I choked a few times before I could swallow the mouthful of rice in my throat.

This person's face-changing technique should be considered the founding of Sichuan opera. Left behind in her dust, I could only gracefully step down.

Feng Zhao Wen stated in a deadpan voice: "She is her father's only daughter. I've never heard of an older or younger sister!"

I laughed crazily within my heart. Your majesty ah, since entering the emperor's palace yesterday, I only now consider the respectable you a good person!

He cast a glance at my face before indifferently asking: "What matter has concubine Yu come here for?"

At that moment, Qin Yu Zheng was still dumbstruck from his earlier comment, frozen in place and forgetting her etiquettes until even I turned to look. It wasn't until Feng Zhao Wen, repressing his temper, asked her once more, that she used her silk handkerchief to wipe at the corner of her eyes a few times. I saw that the rim of her eyes immediately turned red, tears dripping down again and again. Feebly, she sobbed: "This concubine inadvertently offended this miss in the peach blossom forest today. I heard that she came from your majesty's palace, so I have especially come to apologize."

En, I had promptly gone from "little sister" to "miss". As expected, Qin Yu Zhen reacts quite quickly.

Based on my understanding of Qin Yu Zheng, this is definitely a lie! It is true that she came to seek me out, but whether it is to get even or apologize remains to be seen.