Chapter 14

While I was being deceived into thinking that the snooping Feng Zhao was there for the peaceful relationship of our two countries and send him off, Yan Ping turned around first and ignored me, leaving me alone outside the city. I quickly turned my horse around and followed him.

I thought the way he burnt the bridges after crossing them was really low. From close friends to enemies and in the end, strangers, the way he casted me aside after he was done with me provoked the years worth of grievance I had towards him. I steered my horse faster and chased after Yan Ping. In the bustling and merry Zhu Que Lane in the capital, I forced a kiss from him.

I didn't notice if he was responding or not. Coming in contact with his soft lips, I lost all of my senses; everything became numb. Under our influence, a lot of young men and women would start following our actions in the future and because of that, I, the owner of this body would like to apologize.

As for that time, I was too muddleheaded and couldn't think straight. My timing couldn't be any worse. We were seen by court officials who were leaving the morning court. One of them was my father.

Even though Father sort of saved me from Yan Ping's wrath, he gave me a good beating once we got home.

While I was recovering in our manor, I found out that the news of Yan Xiao Lang and An Xiao Lang kissing had spread all throughout the Great Chen. It ended up affecting our marriage prospects greatly. I heard, the unmarried young maidens all spat at our name in disdain.

I am secretly smug at the fact that I managed to ruin Yan Ping's marriage prospect. Amidst my joy, I could even get over Father's violence towards me at home.

In the end, I heard even Uncle Yan Yu got involved. He blocked Father on their way back from the morning court to discuss our matter.

By then, I realized that things had gotten serious.

But Father never disappoints me. The people who saw them vividly described the scene.

At that time Father faced Uncle Yan amiably, even called him father of daughter-in-law; almost causing Uncle Yan to fall off his horse. All of their colleagues who were there said that since General Yan was going to take responsibility for his son, he has to prepare betrothal gifts to propose the other party to show their sincerity.

Uncle Yan was almost angered to death back then.

I was really concerned about my post-marriage life back then. People said that harmonious relationship between the parents of the bride and groom were really important in order to have a peaceful marriage.

An Qing who was there said that though Father won, he didn't look too happy either.

A quarter of an hour later, I became the victim of my father's rage again.

When he came back, he came to see me while carrying the stick that he used to hit me a couple of days ago. In the end, I had to recuperate in bed for half a month.

I thought Father's heart was aching because of the betrothal gifts he had to send.

My heart was aching for him and yet he repaid it by hitting me again. This world was so 'fair'.

In the future, everytime I remember Father glaring at me with veins appearing on his forehead while angrily holding a stick, I would laugh out loud. My old man was truly extraordinary. He could be so precise and ruthless when he hits people.

Thinking of that, I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud. A mocking voice could be heard from behind me, "Did you lost your mind after getting hit today? How can you laugh?" Of course it was Feng Zhao Wen.