Chapter 53 Hua Yue Yin

By the time Princess Min An got married, Prince Qing Jun was already one year old. He had only started to talk. He could blabber three to four words at one time and was really loved by everyone.

However, she as his aunt only got to meet him once, over the past one year. That one time was when she was sent away for marriage. She saw that jade-like child being carried by the empress when they were sending her off. Only then did she realized how fast time had flown.

It had been one year since she was imprisoned in her own palace.

Last year, the Great Qi had flattened the barbarians in Xibei. They surrendered and begged for a marriage alliance. Feng Zhao Wen promised her to the chief of the tribe.

The chief, Cha Mu Han could be considered to have lived an illustrious life. Unfortunately, he suffered a big loss in a war when he was 56 years old. He almost ruined his previous achievements with his own hands; though he had consolation with this arranged marriage, it must had been hard for him to swallow that anger. He was injured during the war and so had to recuperate for a full year until he was well enough to travel to the Great Qi to bring home this bride of his.

Cha Mu Han sat in Tai He Palace, stroking his beard while looking at his new bride in satisfaction. This was his first time meeting his young bride who was also the emperor of the Great Qi's younger sister.

This bride of his was the primary princess; her position was high and esteemed. He was old and frequently sick, but this marriage's main purpose was for peace and stability.

Nobody knew what Princess Min An was thinking at the moment.

The huge and tall him was 40 years older than Princess Min An, they couldn't be any more mismatched.

Time was merciless.

The tears at the corner of her eyes slowly slid down as she forced herself to stay strong.

After she was saved after attempting to commit suicide, what Feng Zhao Wen said to her made her admit defeat.

Back then, he told Princess Min An who had just been saved from trying to hang herself, "It is better for imperial sister to quietly prepare for your marriage. If you continue to make a fuss, imperial mother who is in Bao Ji Temple might receive a shock. What if she loses her mind or something?"

Princess Min An who was originally closing her eyes without a single thread of desire to live snapped her eyes open, "How dare you!" Though her tone was fierce, she was actually really scared on the inside.

Feng Zhao Wen smiled lightly, his phoenix eyes as calm as ever, "Would you like to see if zhen dares to or not? If you get married obediently, zhen will naturally take good care of the empress dowager."

There were things out there that you could not change even if you were willing to lose your life over it. Sometimes, you just had to admit defeat.

She once requested to meet the empress dowager, but the emperor gave her a simple reply, "The empress dowager is currently meditating, she cannot meet anyone. Just get married in peace, stop hanging on to her."

How could she not hang onto her?

She was her birth mother!

Brocade clothes and the color red stretched over the road for miles. She had no idea whose arrangement it was, but during the journey to her new home, they passed through the Bao Ji Temple.

Bao Ji Temple was situated in a hill. If one look from above, they could see the trains and trains of wedding entourage and the princess' phoenix carriage. But no matter how hard one tried, one could not catch a glimpse of Princess Min An's face.