Chapter 29 An Xiaolang's Love Complex

Feng Zhao Wen threw that familiar-looking young general off his horse using a lance, in the battlefield. The Great Chen's army worked through hell to get him back.

When the Crown Prince returned to the tent later, he was in a quite good mood.

I blocked Tian Bing Qing outside Feng Zhao Wen's tent, "His Highness has feeling for the young general?"

Tian Bing Qing stared at me with a look that said 'a decayed wood cannot be carved' and walked past me while carrying a tea tray.

(TN: A decayed wood cannot be carved; 朽木不可雕 (xiu mu bu ke diao) = a useless person is useless no matter what.)

I was puzzled, I had been following Feng Zhao Wen rather close for the past few days and had done nothing that warrants anger from those two. Nothing went well for me today.

General Wu Ke pulled a warhorse while walking steadily from another tent. I quickly grabbed him by the sleeve, "Where are you heading, General?"

He struggled to release my hold on his sleeve, "Rinsing my horse." His neck was stubbornly turned on the other side, simply refusing to look at me.

I touched my own face. Actually, I forgot to say this in the beginning but General Wu Ke was extremely handsome. He looked even more feminine than that young general in white from the Great Chen. Despite his appearance, he was capable enough to lead an army and was so unparalleled when it comes to it; this was a lesson to everyone who knew him.

Last year, I took advantage of Feng Zhao Wen's favoritism and bullied him greatly. Our relationship as colleagues was bad. In all honesty, it was pretty foolish of me. By doing just that, I became a loner. I didn't even have anyone to badmouth our boss with everytime the boss scolded me.

I was embarrassed to admit to him then, that I simply didn't want to enter the commander-in-chief's tent and face the Crown Prince and his eunuch's weird temper.

I smiled brightly towards the back of his head, "General Wu, I want to take part in the fun too." Even though he was not even looking at me, being courteous will not make one lose anything.

Wu Ke continued dragging his horse in silence as I followed him close from behind. Despite my best effort in speaking, I failed to raise his amusement or break his silence.

There was a small creek outside the camp. When Wu Ke got there, there were a couple of horses that had just returned from the battlefield. There were a number of soldiers in little groups far away. On the river, there were six to seven shirtless men doing menial labor with beads of water dripping off of them. I froze while Wu Ke cynically said, "Wipe your drool."

........ Actually, I thought those young men were familiar to my eyes.

I was originally broad minded and did not care for pettiness, so I ignored his provocation and simply took the leash from his hand before laughing, "Let me help you rinse this horse." I wade through the water with the horse and went past those people.

When those people saw me, it was as though the time had stopped. I struggled to rinse the horse with a straight face. A tall and lanky young man from the bunch spoke up with a curious tone, "Ya~, I was wondering who this is! Turns out it is General Guang Wu. It is rare for General to come over here and rinse horse."

I thought I had forgotten to check my almanac before going out today. Everyone treated me weirdly today, from Feng Zhao Wen and Tian Bing Qing to these people.

One of the people next to him whispered to that person, "Su Ren, hold your mouth! Do you think this is the Great Chen?"

That name brought enormous impact to my brain; I felt as though everything was crashing together. I reluctantly laughed, "Who is... General Guang Wu?"