Chapter 15 Being An Empress is a Dangerous Business

By the time Feng Zhao Wen returned, Consort De had already left. He sat on the dragon bed and pulled me out of the quilt I was nestling on. He placed me onto his embrace like I was a little child. He pinched my face a little as he spoke: "What are you thinking about?"

I sighed in sorrow, "Your Majesty, I think I am getting fat."

He laughed in a low tone; his voice was really warm and pleasing to the ears, "En, getting fat is good." He pinched my ribs, "You indeed have a little more flesh."

I pushed his hand away, getting even more depressed. "Don't tell me Your Majesty plans to fatten me up before killing me?"

He placed his forehead against mine, his deep eyes locked straight to mine. It felt like his deep eyes were probing straight to my heart. He half-jokingly replied me, "Probably!"

I shrunk under his embrace, gritting my teeth before sighing, "I knew you aren't anything good!"

He laughed brilliantly, "Do you think I am rearing a pig inside my Zhong Hua Palace? Have you seen such a fancy pig before?"

I glared at him hatefully, but ended up getting drawn in by his genuine smile. I froze.

He pinched me in the face again, "Why didn't I see you eat your caramelized pork hock today? The imperial kitchen didn't make them for you?"

I lowered my head, embarrassed by how I got seduced to confusion by his beauty—– I honestly lack integrity.

"I am waiting for you to get busy with the country matters before eating them— lest you steal them from me again."

He took my hand and place each and every single one of my fingers inside his mouth. He bit my fingertips, leaving deep marks, "You are scared zhen will eat your pork hock?"

Seeing that greedy look on his face, I was truly scared he would mistook my fingers as pork hock and bite them off. I quickly climbed down from him and took out a big urn hidden somewhere in the large dragon bed. I reluctantly presented them to him.

His expression looked strange, "What is this?"

"Caramelized pork hock." I very reluctantly replied.

He opened the lid and saw the pork hock inside them. He pointed at me, half-angered and half-amused, "Are you in the middle of a famine? You actually dared to hide this kind of thing in the dragon bed?"

I helplessly scratched my head, "Your Majesty, what source of entertainment can a person get while being imprisoned on bed? This is the only source of entertainment for me." I pulled away the quilt, revealing rows and rows of urns. The corner of Feng Zhao Wen's lips curled; he forced them down before he glared at me. "Nonsense!"

I think he wasn't really angry. I put on a miserable expression, "I have no other way. I don't know why, every time I got grounded, I have this itch to hide stuff. This illness came from when Father constantly grounded me in the past. It will get better once the ban is lifted."

———— Do you think people hides food on bed for fun? This isn't a restaurant!

He stared at me with a headache, he looked like he couldn't wait to tear my face off. But his eyes were unexpectedly gentle, just like Father years ago when he secretly checked on me after hitting me; a look of apology and pity. I unconsciously drifted closer to him and took his hands before pulling at his sleeves, "Your Majesty, as long as you lift the ban, I will immediately put away all these things..... Promise me! Promise me! Promise me!"

I suddenly realized what I was doing. I released his hands and quickly flew to hide in the depth of the dragon bed.

...... why did I use the tactic I used on Father on him? Pulling his hand while begging with a spoilt tone?