Chapter 61 How to Become a Demonized Empress Who Ruined a Kingdom

Wu Ke 'kindly' told me that the morning court was as no good as the vegetable market; His Majesty had always allowed the officials to be outspoken and honest. He must have worked too hard lately and was scared that I would ruin the current balance the moment I sit in the morning court.

I readied myself to get bombed by the officials. I even prepared a handkerchief, so that I could use them to stuff my ears with once things get loud. Who would have known that the ministers would all be so wary to speak? None of them seemed to be willing to talk.

In the end, one of them bravely stepped forward and it was an imperial censor. He blabbered on and on and on before ending it with something that pretty much implied, 'Even though the emperor is unable to manage the court at the moment, you should just manage the back palace and leave the court to us men. Just take care of your sick husband and raise your own child. Mind your own business.'

I was dumbfounded.

I heard that since His Majesty was unconscious, the court was divided into gangs. They had been fighting with each other non-stop. It had only been two days and they had already patched up and unite against me.

Ever since the Great Qi united all the kingdoms, all the ministers in court were consists of members of the noble families and scholars from poor households. Those people were interweaved together to form this court.

Although I mostly stayed out of politics, I was the direct witness of His Majesty keeping everything at balance.

I sat in Qin Zheng Palace, battered and covered in dirt. After I returned to the back palace, I could not help but mourn when I saw Feng Zhao Wen in deep sleep. We left the palace together, but now, I had to deal with this mess all by myself. I was too lazy and did not bother to learn how to scheme from Feng Zhao Wen. He was sleeping so soundly, what should I do?

I pulled his earlobe before threatening him, "Your Majesty, the rebelling party has surrounded the palace for two days, if you still don't wake up, me and our child will die..."

Tian Bing Qing had been crying until his eyes were swollen for the past two days. He seemed to have grown numb to my way of threatening people. He simply stared at the unconscious emperor.

The Head of Imperial Physician, Shi Qing, protected his beard with one hand while checking the emperor's pulse with his other hand. I started to become more and more discourteous to this teacher of mine, this past two days. I grabbed him by the sleeve and demanded, "Just when will the emperor wake up?"

Just like usual, he lied to me with a bitter face again, "His Majesty is only unconscious, his pulse is stable. He is only unconscious because he lost too much blood."

In this world, the type of people who lied the most were physicians.

I could sense Shi Qing's eyes flickering. I stared at his now sparse beard. His words were not reliable at all. I might as well send him to the prison so that he could keep General Hu Guo company. Perhaps, he would get more honest when hungry.

A servant came in to report that Consort De had tried to commit suicide because the empress wouldn't let her meet the emperor.

At this moment, the thing I feared hearing the most was death. I flew into a fit of rage, "If she wants to die so much, do not stop her! Prepare for her funeral arrangement!"

The maid who came in to report that immediately turned pale. She kowtowed while retreating outside.

Anger was pooling in my head. So many things needed to be dealt with, so many stumbling blocks... It was now that I felt that I could not live without he who was lying on the dragon bed.