Chapter 13 An Yi's Expectation in Life

Upon reaching my family's manor, I jumped down my horse and politely bid Feng Zhao Wen goodbye.

"No rush! No rush! This prince will only leave once General An enters."

I wanted to rid myself off this baggage quick; so I pounded on the door before repeatedly yelling, "Uncle Tong, open the door!"

The door squeaked open as a latch flies off. Used to this situation after so many years, I retreated a few steps and used my hands to cover my head. The door latch smashed into my left shoulder before crashing to the ground.

I turned around to look at Feng Zhao Wen in embarrassment, "Sorry for making Your Highness see all this. My Father's temper is a little on the bad side!"

"Rotten brat! Whose temper is bad, you say?" a startling thunder-like voice from behind me scared me off.

I quickly tried to remedy the situation and flatter him, "I-I mean my Father's temper couldn't be any better!" And then, I pointed at Feng Zhao Wen, "I was talking about his dad! His dad's temper is really bad! He gets hit every single day!"

Father looked over to him and froze before putting out a warm laughter, "Your Highness the Crown Prince, this lowly one lost conduct and offended the crown prince...." He hits my head heavily.

I held my head while yelping in pain; secretly thinking that father made the correct choice when he chose to not live in Ping Kang Lane.

So many colleagues lived there; it would be fine if he opened the door like that and hit Uncle Yan with the door latch; other than a couple of curse words, everything would be fine. But what if he ended up hitting an imperial counselor or a minister? Things would get really messy!

Father was truly admirable ah! How could he hit his own child like that while warmly inviting Feng Zhao Wen in?

From my fourteen years of experience with him, he was truly sincere when he invited Feng Zhao Wen in.

That, in itself was a scary situation.

What was even scarier was the crown prince didn't even reject his offer; he entered the manor arm in arm with my father.

As I sat in front of the dinner table along with Feng Zhao Wen, I got suspicious. Father had never been one to be courteous with his guests and Feng Zhao Wen wasn't a courteous guest either.

But, I quickly forgot about all those when I saw my favorite dishes filling the table; savory spicy chicken and savory spicy quail...... I quickly picked up the dishes with my chopsticks.

Father helplessly laughed at Feng Zhao Wen, "These lowly ones lost conduct; I didn't teach my son well."

My mother died early. My Father was very harsh towards me in everything except when in front of the dinner table. When I was three, I was a crybaby who always looked for my mother. I refused to eat unless I see her. Uncle Tong the gatekeeper told me I was a 'stubborn brat'. I got so thin I could be compared to the little quails on the table right now..... Father was worried; he didn't think I could live long.

Because of that, Father had something akin to psychological trauma when it comes to me eating. No matter how crude I was in eating, he would yield towards me and would never reproach me in front of the dinner table.

Feng Zhao Wen laughed lightly, "After eating with General An these past few days, this prince thought General An likes light meals."

In order to get closer to Yan Ping these past few days, I always ate his favorite meals in great enthusiasm. I was originally eating in great delight, but after hearing Feng Zhao Wen, the chicken bone in my mouth almost got stuck in my throat. Even my chopstick that was aiming for a spicy shrimp froze midair. Feng Zhao Wen did not waste that chance and quickly place the biggest piece of shrimp into his bowl.