Chapter 7

A/N: So we're getting to the part of the story that is edited much less than the previous chapters. I'm sorry. Also. Shout out to fantasynamegenerator.com for having fruit / vegetable names. Saved the day on this one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Stepping out of the shower made me feel like a brand new person. I had ended up staying in it for nearly an hour, half the time trying to get off dried dirt and blood, and the other half enjoying the fact that I was having an actual shower. I hadn't had a shower with warm water since 2019.

Once I got out I went back into my room to look through the clothes. I found a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. I quickly combed my hair and left my room. I found Mirage and Wraith back in the kitchen. Something smelt amazing.

"Hungry?" Mirage asked me from the stove. I walked up and saw him making eggs.

"Sure," I said. "Thanks." I saw him grin.

"It's almost ready. You can grab some juice or something from the fridge if you want." I nodded and went to go examine my drink choices. As I did I began to realize that the food here was very different than what I had back home. I grabbed one of the cartons and held it up.

"What does lipole taste like?"

"Kinda like croku, just sweeter." Mirage answered. I frowned,

"Follow up question. Croku?" Mirage looked over at me confused.

"Ha. Very funny." I looked down at the juice and bit my lip. "Wait are you being serious?" I faked a grin. "Oh. Well. Oh man, I don't know! It's Corku!" He looked over to Wraith. I could see her thinking.

"Tangy," she finally said. I nodded and grabbed a glass. They both watched me curiously as I poured it out and took a sip. I sloshed it around in my mouth for a few seconds before swallowing.

"So?" Mirage asked.

"Reminds me of orange juice."

"What juice?!" Mirage exclaimed. I titled my head and took another sip.

"Maybe mango?"

"That one's not even a real word."

"Do you not have those?" I cut myself off before I said anymore.

"Where are you from that you do have those?!" My eyes went wide.

"Oh, uh, Earth," I said quietly.

"I'm sorry," Mirage said. "Did you say Earth?" I nodded and quickly took another sip of the juice. Maybe I should have kept that to myself. "I didn't think anyone still lived on Earth." At the counter I saw Wraith shake her head,

"Isn't it just slaves?" I put down my glass.

"Yeah." Wraith and Mirage exchanged looks.

"You were a?" Mirage asked. I nodded and looked down, embarrassed. It seemed that Wraith noticed,

"That's nothing to be ashamed about. It's not like you had control over it." I nodded and it fell silent for a few seconds.

"So that guy..." Mirage started. "The one who shot you?"

"Technically he owned me." Mirage whistled.

"Wow." I looked down. "But not anymore?"

"No. We made a deal that if I won..." I sighed. "If I won me and Sky would go free in exchange for some of the winnings."

"And that didn't work out." I nodded again. Sayings Sky's name out loud felt painful. It went quiet again.

"Is something burning?" I asked sniffing the air. Mirage spun back around to the stove, where he had forgotten about his eggs.