Chapter 18

The next morning I found myself sitting crossed legged on the couch, due to the amounts of broken glass everywhere, eating a bowl of cereal, wishing the T.V hadn't been shot in last night's battle. I glanced to the ground and saw that there was still lots of blood in the living room alone. I didn't even want to think about what the outside of the house looked like. I took another bite of my cereal.

"Could you chew any louder?!" Mirage exclaimed as he stumbled into the room. It was clear that he had just woken up, despite it being almost eleven in the morning, as he was half dressed and his hair was all over the place. I could also tell that he was a little hungover. I simply shrugged and took another bite of my food. Mirage grabbed a cup of coffee and plopped down on the couch beside me. "What we watching?" he asked, looking at the T.V.

"Bullet versus T.V," I said with my mouth still full. "You'll never believe who won."

"Ha." Mirage pulled out his phone and began to scroll through it while I looked over his shoulder. He saw me looking, "No one believes you're seven hundred." I couldn't help but laugh.

"Figures."

"They think you're making it up as your act."

"My act?" I asked, genuinely interested.

"Yeah, they think you have a whole persona going on." I shook my head.

"The one time I actually tell the truth."

"Yup. Now they all want to know who you really are." I laughed again. "You know what you need to do?"

"Enlighten me."

"You need your own Chitter page! I mean you already have quite the reput-rep, uh, popularity! I bet your fan base would believe you if you posted regularly."

"Chitter?" I asked. "Don't you mean Twitter?" Mirage scrunched his eyebrows together. "Doesn't matter. I don't really think I have as many fans as you think I do." Mirage rolled his eyes and flicked his screen to the photo he had posted of us the day before the dinner party and scrolled down to the comment section. I slid the holographic screen over to myself and began to go through while drinking the milk at the bottom of my cereal bowl. Most of the reactions were nice and I couldn't believe how many there were. "There's more on the picture I posted of the dinner party and then even more on video I rechitted of the game clip where you described your plan with Caustic."

"I'm sorry, did you just say rechitted?"

"We should set you one up today!" he exclaimed, ignoring my question. "Yeah that's a good idea! We could even make a video of us doing it for my page! They would love that!"

"So we're vloggers now?" I said sarcastically.

"I'll do my hair then we'll get started." I groaned as Mirage jumped up off the couch. "This is going to be fun!"

~~~~~~

An hour later Mirage was finally ready.

"Alright!" he declared as he set down his video camera.

"Is it really necessary to video-"

"Hey everyone welcome back to The Oasis!" Mirage exclaimed. "I'm here with my new friend Sly and today-" he stopped himself when he saw how hard I was laughing.

"I"m sorry, I'm sorry, wait!" I kept laughing. "The Oasis?!"

"Yeah cause I'm Mirage, and you know..." he trailed off. I laughed again.

"And people actually watch this?!"

"Excuse me! For the record, we are already at a thousand viewers!" Instantly I stopped laughing.