Chapter 26

We were back at Mirage's house as Pathfinder began to download the information he found onto a computer for us to see.

"So you didn't look at it?" I asked while nervously fiddling with my old iPhone.

"I was unable to. The files were stored on a different type of server. I am converting them right now." I nodded, anxiety filling me up from the inside.

"Hey," Mirage said putting a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be fine."

"But what if it's not? We just stole seven hundred year old files!"

"Copied," Mirage pointed out. "Besides no one even cares about any of that. Especially if we were explaining what we were looking for! This happened seven hundred years ago kid, I don't think we're going to unravel some wild conspiracy theory."

"Hasn't my whole being here turned into a wild conspiracy theory?" I said.

"Alright, you do have a point there." I put my head into my hands.

"Okay friends!" Pathfinder spoke up. "I have downloaded all of the information. I did as you instructed and found anything I could surrounding the name you had given me from after the last date you remembered."

"Wait, wait, wait," Mirage interrupted. "You told Pathfinder your real name but not me?!"

"I also downloaded anything related to your family as well as any police reports with your name in them."

"There were police reports?" I was beginning to feel sick.

"Well yes, you were a missing person. I have not processed any of the other information as it is personal."

"Right. Thanks Path. For all of this." He nodded a few times.

"Shall we see what we found?"

"Screw it." I opened up the files on the holographic screen in front of me. Looking back at me were the faces of my family and friends.

"Under each person you will find their social media profiles, since it is the most effective way to see what they did after you were gone." I nodded and looked at all of the faces, wondering who to start with. I clicked on my mom. The first thing I saw was a post asking if anyone had seen me. I felt tears welling up in my eyes, I couldn't imagine what I must've put her through.

"We'll let you be." Mirage said, grabbing Pathfinder by the shoulder.

"No," I said shaking my head. "I don't want to be alone."

"Okay," Mirage said sitting back down. "You want to tell us about your family?" he asked looking at the picture of all of us on the screen. I nodded, grinning through the tears.

"So that's Ian, my older brother."

~~~~~~~

"I have made a list of your living relatives!" Pathfinder exclaimed while we were taking a break. We had just finished going through what had happened to all of my friends and family. I had yet to dive into the police reports. "Out of your seven nieces and nephews, six of them had a total of twenty one offspring. Of those twenty one-"

"Okay I get it." I interrupted. "They had a lot of kids."

"From what I can determine based on the information I have now, there are approximately five hundred and eight people alive who have descended from your siblings.

"Five hundred?!" Mirage and I exclaimed at the same time.

"How is that even possible?" I asked.