Chapter 24

When we got off of the ship that was taking us back off the island we were greeted with a group of reporters, much like after my first win. Pathfinder and I waved to some of them as we stepped off the ship, Bloodhound walking in between us. As we walked towards them they eagerly began shoving cameras and microphones in our faces.

"Quite the match!" one of them said, microphone pointed in Bloodhound's face. I could tell from their stance that they were not enjoying the press so I quickly stepped in front of them.

"It was wasn't it!" I exclaimed as I took the mask off of my face. 

"I didn't expect you to have a good singing voice!" the reporter went on. I laughed,

"Oh you heard that?" This made the reporter laugh. "But yeah, I was actually a bit of a performer back in my day."

"Oh?"

"Yeah my school did musicals every year. You are talking to one of the supporting leads from How to Succeed In Business!" I found myself grinning at the memory, while it seemed to baffle the reporter.

"I've never heard of that." he finally said. I laughed again.

"I wouldn't imagine you have." I looked over at my teammate. "Path, play some for us!" Pathfinder began to play the opening number to the musical. The reporter looked at me, even more confused than before.I took the chance to keep moving through the crowd. Leading my team to get our winnings, humming along to the music as we went. When we made it inside and away from the crowd I told Pathfinder to turn off the music.

"What makes a musical different from a normal song?" Pathfinder asked.

"Musicals are like plays, just with music and dancing."

"You dance?" Bloodhound asked. I laughed,

"Barley! There was a reason I wasn't the lead!" A man came into the room to hand us our winnings. I happily took the money knowing it would help lead me towards some answers. "Hey," I said to my team as we began to leave. "You guys want to come over for a drink or something?" Once again I was given blank stares. "Right. Sorry I keep forgetting. Well, I'm sure Mirage's team will be coming over to watch the game, you two are more than welcome!"

"I wish I could friend, but I have other business to attend to," Pathfinder said while walking out the room. I slowly nodded, trying to figure out what other business the robot would have to go to. I looked to Bloodhound.

"We shall see," they said, following Pathfinder out the door. I put my hands on my hips.

"I don't think I'll ever figure out those two," I said to myself as I walked out. However by the time I reached the door they both had disappeared. "Huh." I looked around and decided that I needed to go rub my victory in Mirage's face, even though I didn't kill him. I made my way over to the building were they performed the respawns and began peeking in doorways till I found Mirage and his team. All three of them were still asleep but the screens to the side told me they had all been revived. I plopped myself down into the only chair and the room and pulled out my phone and began scrolling through my chitter page. Already there were lots of posts about the game we had just fought. I found myself even laughing a little at everyone's reactions, all of them eagerly wanting to know what I had to say about the match on my page. I looked back over to Mirage, who was still sleeping peacefully. I looked down at my phone again, then back to Mirage while grinning.

I stood up out of the chair and walked up beside his bed. I turned on my phones camera and snapped a picture of myself giving a peace sign beside sleeping Mirage and posted it with a caption 'he's a lot easier to handle when he's dead'.

Almost instantly the post was reaching thousands of people, all who were commenting on it. One comment stuck out to me.

'How many likes for you to dump that glass water on him?' I bit back a laugh as I looked at it. It would be funny. I clicked reply to the post.

'Zero.' I grabbed the glass of water that was sitting on the table beside Mirage and pulled out the phone and began to record a video. I had the glass above Mirage's head when I saw his eyes flicker open. I quickly reached my arm back.

"What are you doing?" he asked, sitting up, eyeing me, the glass of water, and my phone which was filming suspiciously.

"Uh," I stuttered. "Figured you would be thirsty when you woke up." He grinned.

"Oh, well thanks." He reached out and grabbed the glass of water from my hand. He took a sip and a second later he spun the glass around and threw the water in my face.

"You son of a bitch!" I exclaimed wiping water from my face. Mirage started laughing. I shook my head and turned off my phone. 

"You still have to post that!" Mirage said between chuckles. I finished drying my face and looked down to my phone. 'I tried. Really did' I wrote before posting it and admitting defeat.

"I will never get peace and quiet with you two will I?" Wraith asked sitting up in her bed. I looked down at my suit which was covered in water and grinned.

"I'm sorry," I said. "Do you want a hug to make up for it?" I held my arms out and some of the water could be seen dripping off of me. She reached over to the glass of water beside her and held it up defensively. I held my hands up and laughed. I looked over and saw that Ajay was awake. She looked at me,

"So? You kill him?" she asked nodding over to Mirage.

"Oh yeah," I said, probably a little to quickly. "Totally. Hundred percent." All three of them looked at me, eyebrows raised. "Path sniped him from the window," I said while looking down at the ground.

"Ha!" Mirage laughed. He swung his legs around the side of his bed. "Good thing to. I was about to win."

"You wish." Mirage rolled his eyes and looked to his team.

"Drinks at my place?" he asked them. "We can watch the game."

"Oh and it's a good finale." I added.

"What stupid thing did you do this time?" Mirage asked.

"What makes you think it was stupid?" He raised his eyebrows and I laughed. "Okay it totally was, but it was super fun."

~~~~~~

We were back at Mirages watching the match we had just played. Once again I found myself sitting on the floor, by choice this time, not because there were no seats. And the fact that Bangalore had came as well and her and Ajay were taking up half of the couch. The match had just started replaying on T.V when there was a knock on the door. Mirage looked counfused.

"Who would that be?" he asked.

"Oh! I invited Bloodhound!" I said, standing up to go answer the door.

"You what?!"

"Was I not supposed to?" I scratched my head. "I mean I figured you guys always hang out-"

"It's fine," Wraith cut in. "They usually never show up when we invite them to casual things." I shrugged.

"Guess I'm just more fun to be around."

"Now that's funny!" Mirage laughed as I opened the door.

"Hey Hound! C'mon in, we're just starting!" It looked as if Bloodhound was hesitating, unsure of if they really did want to be here. I had a feeling that they never spent much time hanging out with other people. "I got some of those chips Arthur likes!" I said, trying to help them feel more relaxed. They nodded and stepped inside.

"Hey Blood!" Ajay said with a wave. She brought her legs in and got closer to Bangalore to make room on the couch for them.

"Alright!" I said as I came back into the living room with a bowl of chips, hitting play on the T.V. "You guys are really going to like this."