Chapter 45

The next few days were spent watching Marvel movies. After watching Thor, Bloodhound wanted to watch the next one, they actually seemed to enjoy the movie, however, I insisted that we had to watch the films in order, meaning we had a full marvel movie marathon on our hands. The first night we had made it through all the way to Iron Man 3, by that time it was nearly four in the morning and both of us fell asleep on the couch. When I had woken up Bloodhound's head was in my lap, which made for some awkward conversation when they finally woke up.

We were just sitting back down for the third night of movies, starting with the second Guardians of the Galaxy, when I was pacing in the kitchen, looking for a snack.

"Can I help you find something, vinur?" Bloodhound asked from the couch. The movies had turned out to be a great distraction for me to keep an eye on Bloodhound. They had wanted to go back out hunting the second day after being nearly killed and I had to convince them to watch another movie so they would stay and not injure themselves further. Now on the third day they were showing a lot of signs of improvement and I found myself feeling sad thinking about the fact that they would soon be well enough to sleep in their own bed, thoughts I quickly pushed away.

"I don't know," I replied. "What do you guys eat while watching movies these days?" Bloodhound shrugged,

"I don't go to the movies." I perused my lips.

"What about popcorn? Do you have that?" I had yet to see any since I had woken up in this time period.

"Popcorn?" Bloodhound asked, I could see the confusion in their face.

"Yeah, you know, pop corn." They raised their eyebrows. "It's like corn, you still have corn, right?" Bloodhound nodded. "So like, we need some. Well the seeds. I think."

"You want to eat corn seeds?" I laughed a little,

"No! I want to pop them!" Bloodhound's mouth opened a little as if they were going to say something, but stopped themselves and sighed.

"I have some corn seeds in the back of the pantry. I have been meaning to plant them." I grinned as I dug around the pantry for the corn seeds. Once I had them I began to look for something to cook them in. "You're going to cook the seeds? Those are hard to come by, you know." Bloodhound said a second later, after watching me pour a handful of the seeds into a pot.

"Yeah, you need to heat them up. Trust me! You're going to love it!" I heard Bloodhound mumble something in their native language, I could tell they didn't believe me. "What was that?" Bloodhound grinned,

"I called you an idiot." Now I grinned,

"That may be true." I heard a loud popping sound from inside the pot and my grin grew even wider. "Although, this idiot, didn't forget what popcorn was like the rest of you." As the popping continued Bloodhound stood up and carefully made their way over to the kitchen, examining the pot. Once I heard the popping stop I grabbed a bowl. "Are you ready?" They nodded. I took the lid off of the pot and poured the popcorn in. "Ta-da!"

"Woah," Hound said quietly, their eyes wide with wonder.

"Cool, hey? Go ahead, try some!" They slowly reached forward and grabbed a single piece. I watched eagerly as they ate it. They finished one piece and reached down to grab another, a small smile on their face. "Yes!" I exclaimed. "It's even better with some melted butter on it if you want."

"It's perfect the way it is." I grinned again.

"And now, we are ready to watch the movie." I grabbed the bowl from Bloodhound's hands and made my way over to the couch, patting the cushion beside me. "I really think you'll like this one, Baby Groot is the best part."

"Groot isn't dead?" They asked as they sat down so that our shoulders were touching. I moved the bowl of popcorn so that it was resting on both of our laps.

"No! Remember, Rocket grabbed a branch at the end!" Bloodhound slowly nodded and grabbed a few more pieces of popcorn.

"I did like Groot. He was interesting."

"Right?! His character really changes in this one, I won't spoil anything, but he is the cutest-" The next thing I knew I was being interrupted as Bloodhound had suddenly put their lips on mine. Out of instinct I felt myself jump back before I realized what they had been doing. I looked back at them, their eyes wide, and felt my heart flutter.

"Sorry," Bloodhound started. "I thought-" This time I cut them off by returning the kiss. I felt them grin as they put a hand around my head to pull me closer to them. A few seconds later we pulled away from each other. Both of us having stupid grins on our faces, which caused both of us to laugh. Finally Bloodhound spoke up, "Can we watch the movie now?"

~~~~~~~~

The next few days went by even faster than the last. Although there had been no more kissing, the two of us had spent the rest of the movie marathon nestled up to each other. Especially after Endgame, as I had not seen it yet and it left me a weeping mess. Bloodhound had laughed a little at me but quickly wrapped an arm around me and wiped away some of my tears.

The two of us had been living in our own little world that by the time Bloodhound's phone rang we both looked at it confused.

"Apologies," they said as they gently pushed me off of them to go answer it. I wiped the rest of the tears from my eyes and watched as they went into their bedroom to answer. A few minutes later they came back out, now wearing their helmet again for the first time since they had been injured.

"Who was it?" I asked curiously.

"Mirage," they replied. "They think it's safe for you to come back."

"Oh," I said as I processed. "Do I have to?" I heard Bloodhound chuckle a little through their helmet,

"It's probably best." I looked down at the ground, unsure of how to feel.

"When?" I asked quietly.

"Today. They have some sort of plan that should keep you safe."

"But-" I started but I interrupted myself, trying to get my words together. "What about," I paused and looked back up at Bloodhound. "What about us?" This sentence seemed to have caught Bloodhound off guard as it took them a few seconds before they responded.

"We should keep what happened here, with us, here." Their words hit me like a rock. I quickly looked back down at the ground so Bloodhound couldn't see the tears welling up in my eyes,

"So you want to pretend like nothing happened?" my voice cracked. Bloodhound sat down again beside me and slid their helmet back off of their head.

"I don't want to put you in any more danger," they said while putting a hand on my shoulder.

"But-"

"People will ask questions."

"So?" Bloodhound sighed.

"While you may be okay with the press, it is not something I handle well."

"They won't find out! And, and-" I was stuttering. "If they do, we can just deny and claims!"

"Vinur, please," their said, their voice quiet. "Enough." They looked away from me and slid their helmet back over their head. "Now come, we shouldn't keep Mirage waiting." 

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Want to help support me as a student and a creator? Check out my ko-fi which allows for small one time donations!!

https://ko-fi.com/mozandadream