Chapter 10

It was a few hours before the dinner party when Mirage came running into the kitchen. I was still in the suit Mirage had bought me as I had been training with Wraith while Mirage slept in.

"The teams are live!" He exclaimed, still wearing his pajama pants.

"What?" I asked.

"They never announce the champion teams until the day before."

"Right. And?"

"And," he said dragging out the word. "No one knew that we were teaming up!" I couldn't help but grin a little. "The people already love us!"

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah. Everyone thought that we hated each other since well, you know, you killed me and ruined my life long streak." I winced. "But now! They're excited!"

"You know I'm on the team as well, right?" Wraith commented while stirring her coffee.

"Yeah but that happens all the time," he said with a wink.

"Did the other legends know?" I asked, causing Mirage to grin again.

"Nope."

"You actually kept your trap shut for that long?" Wraith teased. Mirage stuck his tongue out at her.

"Anyway. My fans are dying to see us together." I grinned a little, trying to look as excited as Mirage was feeling. "Want to do a video?"

"Are you like a YouTuber or something?"

"I have no idea what that is." I scoffed, trying to sound offended. "What about a picture?" he suggested. I sighed.

"Fine." Mirage grinned again and held up his phone. Even I had to admit that the phones that they used these days were a lot cooler than my dead one. The device simply attached to a band on his wrist and when picked up, it turned into a tiny holographic screen.

"You gonna put the mask on?" Mirage asked before he snapped the photo. I looked down at my suit. I didn't really plan on keeping up the whole mystery act. I shook my head.

"You going to put a shirt on?"

"And cover all this?!" I rolled my eyes. "Say cheese!" I grinned as he took the picture.

"At least that saying is still a thing," I said while Mirage looked the photo over.

"There," Mirage proclaimed as he sent the photo. I had yet to learn about social media in the future. "Now what time is it?" He asked looking around.

"Nearly one."

"One?! People are going to be here at five! I have to get ready!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now don't we clean up nice?" Mirage said once I walked into the room. I grinned a little and looked down at myself. I had decided to go with the jumpsuit that he had suggested and I even took a little time to do my hair.

"Thanks," I mumbled while looking at him. He had dressed up in a fancy suit. "I'm a little nervous." I admitted. Mirage waved his hand,

"Psh. They're going to love you."

"When do they usually get here?" I asked.

"The party starts at five." Wraith said as she walked into the room. I noticed that even she had gotten a little dressed up for the occasion. "Which means everyone will show up around five thirty but Pathfinder will be here right at five." Mirage looked down at his watch.