Chapter 20

I woke up gasping for air. I bolted straight up in the bed, frantic, my breathing rapid, when I felt someone reach over to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Easy bruthda," a soothing voice said. "You're alright. Deep breaths." I looked behind me to see Gibraltar. I did as he said and closed my eyes, taking a few long breaths. I looked around the room I saw in and saw Bangalore leaning up against the wall.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked once I felt a little more calmed down after coming back from the dead.

"First time's always the hardest," Bangalore answered.

"Didn't want ya to be alone," Gibraltar finished. I gave them a small smile.

"Thanks." They nodded and I scanned the room one more time, "Where's Path?"

"They usually take a little longer putting him back together." I nodded and leant back in my bed, as I did I couldn't help but bend my leg a few times, I was surprised that there was no pain. I looked back up at Bangalore who had a small grin on her face.

"You guys won?" I asked. Bangalore nodded.

"You two were our hardest competition," she said. "And we took you out faster than it's taken me to wipe out a FNG with nothing but fists," she said with a smirk. I shook my head.

"I mean you did only catch me since I was on the zip line, which was a bit of a cheep move." She grinned a little. "I have to admit though, it was a nice shot."

"You're damn right it was." I grinned. "Alright, well I'm already late for date night," she said while standing up. "This was fun," she said on her way out leaving me alone with Gibraltar.

"You can go to," I told him. "Can't have two people being late for date night." Gibraltar chuckled.

"I haven't been on a proper date in a long time brudda."

"You and me both." I leant back. "Actually, I don't think I've ever been on a real date." Gibraltar looked at me confused. "I mean, before it was a lot harder to find girls who liked other girls and then after..." I trailed off. "We never had an official date night." Gibraltar said nothing for a second.

"It'll get easier. Being without her." I nodded a few times,

"You think?"

"Oh yeah. I lost my Keo almost three years ago," he said sadly. "I still miss him, but it's easier." I slowly nodded.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't know." Gibraltar smiled,

"He would want me to be happy, so I do my best to honor that." I grinned as well. "I'm sure she would want the same for you." I nodded and was about to say something more when the door to the room I was in swung open.

"Sly!" Mirage exclaimed, running up to me. He seemed to be out of breath from running. "You're okay!"

"Mirage? Weren't you at home?" I asked, baffled as to why he was here.

"Yeah but you know, after watching what happened I just thought..."

"You were worried about me?" I said with a grin.

"What?" Mirage asked drawing out the word. "No. Mirage worries about no one." He looked over at Gibraltar. "I just wanted to give my congrats to the winning team."

"Uh-huh." Gibraltar and I said at the same time. I looked over to him,

"Thanks for being here when I woke up," I told him. "And good game." He grinned and gave me a pat on the shoulder, which I now noticed didn't even hurt despite the fact that was where I had gotten shot, and left the room.