Chapter 30

It had been nearly three weeks since my match with Bloodhound and Bangalore. In those three weeks the farthest I'd gone from my bed had been to the kitchen to grab food before returning back to my bed. It turns out that when you get dozens of different vaccines for different space diseases all at the same time, you seem to fall ill as your body tries to combat all of them at the same time.

I was lying in bed on my phone, I had been feeling better physically in the last few days however we still had yet to hear from Wraith and I was driving myself mad with worry. There was a soft knock on my door and I quickly turned my phone off and pretended to be asleep, I didn't want company. I heard Mirage crack the door open and look in.

"I know you're awake," he said, standing in the doorway. I remained silent, hoping he would believe I really was asleep. "You just posted a minute ago trying to explain to someone what a pizza pocket is." I groaned and rolled over.

"I don't get what's so hard to understand about them!" I mumbled. "You put the pizza stuff on the inside than the bread part covers it!" Mirage laughed a little and flopped himself onto my bed, laying beside me.

"I think it's time we get you out of bed." I rolled myself over again, stuffing my face into my pillow. "The people miss you!" I lifted my head up and raised my eyebrows. "It's true! They finally realize you were telling the truth about your age and you've been hiding in your room!" I sighed. He was true about people finally believing who I was. Some news reporter grabbed hold of the story that I was getting vaccines for the space diseases. She even got a hold of the doctors report of the first blood sample they took, proving that I didn't have them. So now everyone who didn't already, believed me.

"Well it's not like I disappeared altogether," I said holding up my phone. "I've been talking to 'the people'." Even in the dark I could see Mirage roll his eyes. "What do you want me to do?!"

"Take a shower," he suggested. I grabbed a hold of my blankets and raised them over my head. "I'm serious!" he laughed. "There's a solos match tomorrow."

"What about it?" I asked, still with my head under the blankets.

"It's not full yet. I'm thinking it's time for a real rematch." I stuck my head out of the blankets.

"You want to be killed by me again?"

"You didn't even kill me the last time!" Mirage protested. "C'mon it'll be fun!"

~~~~

The next morning I found myself standing beside Mirage as the dropship took off towards Kings Canyon. The reveal of our rematch had already created a lot of waves on social media, and I already knew that there were going to be a lot of people watching me today. Especially since it was my first public appearance since the article revealing that I indeed was over seven hundred years old. I glanced over at Mirage who was fiddling with his holo tec. Once the doors opened he looked over at me.

"See ya down there," he said with a wink.

"I don't think you will," I replied, turning myself invisible as I jumped off of the ship.

"Oh c'mon!" Mirage exclaimed from behind me. I turned myself visible and began to steer myself in the direction of Artillery, where I first had tried to go during my first match. This time I actually landed inside the walls and on the roof of one of the buildings. There were a few other people that landed in the area so I quickly ran through the small room at the top finding only a Longbow, and ran to the lower level, just as the big doors at the bottom were opening. I quickly crouched and aimed my Longbow at the door as it slowly opened. I took a deep breath in as I saw the person jog in. I quickly aimed and pulled the trigger as I took a breath out, just like Bloodhound had showed me. The enemy didn't even have a body shield and my bullet pierced right through their chest.