Chapter 21

The next morning I felt myself feeling nervous about training with Bloodhound. They were one of the best players who had even been in the Apex games. Being on their team felt like a lot pressure, I didn't want to be the one who caused them to lose. I also didn't want to embarrass myself. Or them.

There was a knock on the door and I went to go open it, expecting Pathfinder since he had a tendency to show up early. However, I swung the door open to see Bloodhound, dressed as they usually were, wearing what they would be in the arena. I found myself beginning to wonder if it was always the same clothing or if they had more than one of the same thing.

"Oh! Morning Bloodhound!" I exclaimed. "I didn't expect you this early!"

"If you would like I can wait out here," they replied. I shook my head,

"Nah no worries, c'mon in!" I swung the door open the rest of the way and Bloodhound stepped inside. I noticed that their crow was perched on their shoulder. I made eye contact with it and it cawed. "Pathfinder should be here soon," I said, trying to make small talk. Bloodhound simply nodded as they looked around Mirage's house. "Probably a lot cleaner then the last time you saw it, huh?" I asked with humor in my voice. Once again, they nodded. I bit the bottom of my lip, unsure of what to do. I had no grasp on how to even talk to the hunter and I felt myself starting to worry about us being on a team together.

"Good morning friends!" a cheerful voice exclaimed. I spun around to see Pathfinder and smiled, glad that there was someone else here to break the silence between Bloodhound and I.

"Mirage's team is training here today to," I mentioned. "I don't think till later though so we can take the shooting range for now."

"Sounds fun!" Pathfinder said as we walked outside. When we got outside Bloodhound walked over to Mirage's collection of rifles.

"I've noticed you have yet to pick up a sniper," they said while looking at me. I ran a hand through my hair,

"Yeah, I mean you've seen my aim with assault rifles so you can probably guess why," I chuckled. "That and I really have no idea how to use one." Bloodhound held out a longbow to me.

"Would you like to learn?" they asked. I looked at the weapon.

"Why not." Bloodhound handed me the weapon and I carefully took it. The weapon was a lot larger than what I had been previously using and felt heavy in my hands.

"Don't let the size intimidate you," Bloodhound said, causing me to chuckle a little.

"That's what he said," I muttered. Bloodhound tilted their head confused. "That was a joke," I looked to Pathfinder but he looked just as confused as Bloodhound. "Never mind," I laughed again, awkwardly this time, and looked back at the weapon in my hand. "Okay, so I'm not even sure how to hold this thing," I admitted.

"And that's what she said!" Pathfinder exclaimed. I snorted, nearly dropping the gun on the ground. "Did I use that joke format correctly?" he asked me. I nodded, still laughing.

"Yup. And please never make a joke like that ever again." I thought for a second, "Unless your with Mirage." I shook my head and readjusted my grip on the longbow and looked back to Bloodhound. "Okay, sorry."

"Would you like me to show you?" they asked. I nodded. However instead of taking the gun from my hands Bloodhound came right up to me and began to move my hands for me, nearly wrapping themselves around me, causing me to flinch. "Pay attention to your shoulders," they told me, their face inches from mine, not seeming to care about personal space. "Relax them." I nodded and took a deep breath, lowering my shoulders. Bloodhound stepped away from me, seeming pleased with my stance. "Once your shot is lined up take a deep breath. Once you finish exhaling pull the trigger and keep the gun study, don't jerk, just slowly let the trigger go." I nodded again and aimed my weapon. I did as Bloodhound instructed and fired the shot. I had been aiming for the head of one of the targets and noticed that the shot had hit the targets chest. I looked to Bloodhound and grinned, pleased with myself for even hitting the target. "Not bad felagi."