Chapter 36

I felt nervous about meeting another legend, even though I hadn't even heard of her before. I was sitting in my chair in the cafe we were in, anxiously bouncing my leg up and down.

"I got you an iced coffee," Wraith said as she sat down beside me. I took the cup from her hands.

"How do you know I like these?" She grinned a little,

"Heard you talking about it with Mirage."

"Ah, I do recall him calling it a disgrace to coffee," I said as I took a sip from the straw. "Good thing I didn't try to explain a frappuccino." Wraith had no response and it fell silent between us. As it did, I began to realize that the two of us had never actually spent time with just each other. As if this wasn't awkward enough. Thankfully, the person we were waiting for wasn't late and it wasn't long before she was in front of us.

"Wraith! Good to see you again!" she exclaimed, as she spoke I noticed her unique accent and how it complimented the quietness of her voice.

"Good to see you to Natalie," Wraith replied, standing up to give her a small hug. The two sat down and the girl looked over to me.

"You must be Sly," she said with a smile. I nodded and returned the smile.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you."

"As I, you," she grinned. "You have been getting quite popular throughout the games." I laughed a little,

"Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing."

"In today's day and age, good." I grinned again. "So Wraith, how have you been?" Wraith cracked a tiny smile.

"Things have been good."

"Have you had any luck yet? With the terminals?"

"Yes, well, that's actually kind of why I brought Sly along with me today."

~~~~~~~

We spent the next half hour explaining our situation to Wattson. The whole concept seemed to fascinate her.

"Of course I would love to help!" she exclaimed. "I have been wanting to get back into the ring, make sure everything is running okay."

"Trust me, it's still working," Wraith said smiling. I tilted my head.

"Like, the ring itself?" This made Natalie grin,

"Yes!"

"Wattson here made the ring," Wraith explained to me. My eyes went wide.

"Really? A person actually made that?"

"What did you think it was?"

"I don't know, I guess I never thought about where it came from. Just thinking about how to get away from it." Natalie giggled a little. "How does it work?" I asked a second later. Natalie began spouting a bunch of words that had zero meaning to me. "So," I started once she was done. "Science?" She giggled again before it fell silent between the three of us.

"So?" Natalie finally said. "The three of us on a team?" Wraith faked a small grin.

"We were actually thinking about going in with two teams so we could go to both locations in the same match."

"Bunker and Hydro Dam?" Wraith nodded,

"Mirage and I will be going to bunker." I noticed that when Wraith mentioned Mirage Natalie frowned a little. "The terminals in Hydro Dam are a little harder to crack so we figured you could manage it." This made Natalie smile again.