Chapter 61

When I woke up, I was in my own respawn room. Confused, I sat myself up, checked myself over once to ensure that there was still no bullet in my skull, and jumped out of bed. I stuck my head outside my door and saw a series of doors, each with our legend names and a banner pose outside.

"Personal respawn rooms, pretty cool hey?" I spun my head to see Mirage at the end of the hallway looking over at me. "Too bad I didn't get to test mine out yet." I rolled my eyes as I walked up to him,

"Seemed like your teammate was doing all the work back there."

"I had already called dibs on killing you!"

"You were to slow," I looked behind me to see Crypto, a smug smile on his face. Mirage looked like he was about to protest, opening his mouth, and then closing it a few times over. I was trying to think of something to say to save him when I myself was saved by Octane running out into the hallway.

"Amor!" he exclaimed, running up to Mirage. "Did you see that?! I melted into a pool of lava! It was awesome!" Mirage's eyes went wide.

"Uh, s-sounds great? Super awesome babe." Octane kept rambling about all the other cool things he saw in the arena just as some of the other legends started leaving their rooms as well.

"How did the rest of the match go?" Wattson asked walking up to me, Wraith beside her. Wraith shook her head,

"It was going good until someone had the idea to get on the train."

"You agreed to it!" I defended.

"Wait, wait," Octane interrupted. "There was a train?!" We nodded. "And I missed it?! Me?!"

"I really liked that Epicenter place," Gibraltar piped up.

"Yeah what was that?" Bangalore asked.

"Some old IMC drilling site that blew up a while ago," Gibraltar explained.

"Wait what?" I asked, suddenly feeling nervous.

"Yeah, it's all ice now, killed Hound's team in there." I felt myself gulp, remembering what Bloodhound had said to me about what had happened to them on this planet.

"I'll be back," I said, taking off towards their respawn room. The door was still closed so I gently knocked before sticking my head inside.

"Hey," I said, walking in. They were sitting up in their bed, feet dangling off. They saw me walk in and looked up, though with the mask on their head I had little to go on in terms of their facial expression. I plunked myself down beside them on the bed. "How did your match go?" I heard them sigh under their helmet as they leant their head against my shoulder. "That good hey?" I mumbled, causing them to laugh a little, but it quickly turned into another sigh. "I'm sorry Hound." I felt them shake their head.

"Það er það sem það er," they said quietly. I grinned a little,

"You realize I still can't speak your language right?"

"þess vegna er þetta skemmtilegt." I rolled my eyes and gently elbowed their side,

"Whatever you say. But we should probably get going," I said. "They are moving us into our apartments right away.

~~~~~~~~~~

The apartment complex was quite large. They had built it to be able to fit hundreds of legends as well as those competing in the qualifiers to get into the games. The first player from those would be joining in about a month and after that, they said we would have a steady stream of new legends joining the ranks.