Chapter 56

"You've got to be kidding," I mumbled looking at the ship in front of us. "They expect us to all live in this, for a week?!" I was standing with a few of my bags in hand, looking a the ship that was going to be taking us to the new planet, to the new arena. Part of me was sad to be leaving behind Solace and the comfort of Mirage's home I had been living in for so long. The other part was excited to be able to go visit another planet, see what else was out there in the universe. None of it I wouldn't have seen if I wasn't frozen. Suddenly I felt a hand wrap around my waist.

"Only for a week Elskan," Bloodhound chuckled. "Then we'll be on Talos, in our own, private rooms." I frowned a little,

"I still think putting all of the legends into one apartment complex is also a terrible idea." Bloodhound laughed softly. "I'm serious! The eleven of us all living on like three floors? We won't even make it off the spaceship alive!"

"Not eleven there kid," Mirage said, walking up to where Bloodhound and I were standing. I tilted my head and Mirage shrugged. "Eleven's not a good number to make even teams with their new idea of different tiered legends. But at least we're in the top," he added with a grin. What Mirage said was true, with the games being on pause for a bit the officials were trying to change up the games, make them more interesting so they could draw in a bigger audience. They decided that if they could put some of the fan favorites, and those who were good enough, in a different tier and randomize teams from there, claiming it would make for some interesting matches. Luckily everyone from our little group of legends were the ones to make it to this level as once they wanted one of us, everyone else said they wouldn't go unless the rest were there.

"So who's the new legend?" I asked. Mirage shrugged again,

"Someone by the name of Crypto." I squinted my eyes.

"Who?" I looked over to Bloodhound to see if they knew but they shook their head.

"I don't think anyone's heard of him, but if he's here he must be good." I sighed and looked back at the ship that was going to be moving us to a different planet, now looking like they were boarding our friends. Apparently our group was being moved in a different ship than anyone else, supposedly one that was going to be nicer, but I had a feeling it was still going to feel like we were in the trunk of a car for a week. I reached down and began to pick back up all of my things that I was bringing with me.

"Let me help," Bloodhound said, reaching down to grab one of the largest bags.

"Are you really only bringing that much?" I asked them, looking at the single bag thrown around their shoulder.

"I only pack what is needed." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I hope another change of clothes is needed at least. If you start to stink I think I'm going to have to call it," I teased. Bloodhound shook their head as they grabbed another one of my bags. Now that they were carrying more, Arthur flew off of their shoulder and landed on mine, making me grin again.

"You two are weird," Mirage stated, interrupting the momentary silence that had fallen on the three of us. I looked over at him to defend Bloodhound and I but he had already taken off towards the ship.

"Shall we?" Bloodhound asked, looking over at me. I nodded and the two of us began to follow Mirage towards were we would be living for the next week or so. Some of the other legends were there already who greeted us with waves. We walked up the ramp to the inside of the ship and my eyes widened a little when I saw the scene.

There was a wide open room with twelve side rooms going around it, each with a banner featuring one of our names and pictures. The little rooms had doors that reminded me of garage doors, rather than actual doors. To the sides where there weren't rooms there was a bit of a common area with a few couches. In the middle of the room there was a large four sided screen on the roof and below, four panels that looked like they would extend downwards, out of the ship.