Chapter 32

The next morning Mirage and I made our way back to the arena to find Octavio running laps around the dropship, waiting for the doors to open. When he saw us he jogged over.

"Amigos! Good morning!" his mask was around his neck and I could see him grinning, ear to ear.

"You look well rested," Mirage commented. The man grinned even wider.

"Didn't sleep!" he exclaimed as he was bouncing on the spot.

"You sure you're good enough to go back in there?" I asked, feeling a little nervous about the mental wellbeing of this guy. He nodded eagerly.

"Of course! And this time I have a respawn so we have nothing to lose!"

"Only my sanity," Mirage mumbled, causing me to laugh.

"Have you seen the size of those needles though chica?" he asked me. I shuddered,

"I try not to think about it."

"It's so cool!" he went on, not seeming to have heard me.

"Yeah, that's what I meant." Octane flashed me another grin,

"Well what are we waiting for?!"

~~~~

"So where should we land?" Octane asked as we loaded onto the drop ship. "Skull Town? Hot zone? Supply ship?"

"Woah, woah, woah," I started. "You've played one match. Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

"Hang on there kid," Mirage went on. "Let's go hot zone." I gave him a crazed look as Octane happily took off towards the edge of the ship. "What?" he asked. "It'll be funny." I shook my head. The hot zone was around Bridges and as we were dropping I could see at least three other teams, if not more, heading towards the same place.

"So much for a chill match," I muttered under my breath as my feet hit the ground. The three of us had all landed at the same building and ran inside to look for weapons. I grabbed a body shield off of the floor.

"Sly!" Mirage exclaimed. "Catch!" I spun around and he had already tossed an R-301 at me. I caught it and kept running into the next room over to see Octane without a gun but an enemy under his foot.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed as I watched him rapidly stomp the person to death. He looked up at me and gave me the rock on sign with his hands before grabbing a Wingman off of the ground and taking off out the door running. "Did you see that?" I asked Mirage as he had caught up with me. He was about to answer when we heard Octane through the coms.

"Taking fire!" he yelled. Mirage and I ran outside and as I did I noticed that he was already all the way across the bridge.

"How the Hell?" I exclaimed, taking off sprinting. As I stepped on the bridge I saw another enemy running across. Without hesitating I had fired a few shots into them, knocking them to the ground.

"Not bad!" Mirage exclaimed as he ran past me, leaving me to finish off the downed player. "Octane where are you?" Mirage yelled into the coms as he neared the buildings where we had last seen him.

"Up here!" Mirage and I looked up to the structure on the top of the hill.

"But you were just-" I cut myself off when I looked down again I saw two more enemies right in front of me.

"Shit!"  I dove behind one of the vehicles that was parked on the bridge. I stuck my head out to fire a few shots at the attackers. As I did I noticed that Octane was also fighting two more enemies at the top. Mirage was crouched beside me and he sent a decoy running out of cover. When the two people attacking us shot the decoy we both ran out of cover and knocked them down while they were distracted.