𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 01

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝑆𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑑𝑎𝑦 20𝑡ℎ, 5:45 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
__________________________

"Ugh Jacobe be careful please honey?" I yelled with worry in my voice to my six year old son.
My name's Max Williams and I'm a single mother. It's your usual story 'Father Had sex with mother, he found out the mother was pregnant and he didn't want a child so he walked out on her..' what's new?
I am 29 years old, yes I did have Jacobe at a young age. I didn't mean to but we never do. We had protection but it only takes one time.
I didn't regret having Jacobe in my life I made that a mission for myself. I live life the best I can and I try to give Jacobe everything that I couldn't have while is was a child.

When Jacobe was 3 he was diagnosed with lung cancer before they could fully try to cure it he was already in stage two. It's originally Pediatric non-small cell lung cancer that children can get. It's very rare in children and adolescents, Stage two means the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes inside the lung, but has not spread to any distant organs.
I was more scared then him I don't know what I would do if I actually lost him. He was my world and I revolved myself around him making him my main focus.
If anything while Jocobe was really sick he was my rock more than I was his.

I decided not to go to college because I had Jacobe but now I'm in college studying to become a nurse for Jacobe, I know a little but not a lot. And I will continue to learn if it means saving my son.
While I was growing up I didn't have the chance to have a mother or a father figure. Before my 10th birthday my mother and father where at home while I was at a sleepover and they had got beaten real bad in a home invasion, and died in the hospital. The death of my parents hit me hard especially my mother.
She was my rock I had to live with my grandmother buy I decide to get a job and move out. I thought that sense I was pregnant I had to take care of myself so I had to to get my life together.
I have a job also I'm a Teacher, I love kids and and ever since I was little I've always wanted to start a family and be a wonderful mom.

Now I live comfortably in my house with my son.
It was a beautiful day in August, it was kind of chilly but the clouds didn't quit cover up the sky.
"Mommy...water please!!" Jocobe said coming up to me.
I quickly ran through the bag and got out his inhaler and a water bottle.
I gave him the water and watched him drink some. "Better?" I asked him.
"Much thank you mommy" he said giving me his bright smile. "Good go ahead and get a few breaths in...you know the deal." I said to him as I got his inhaler ready.
He pouted at me. "But mommy I don't need it.." He said. "Jacobe weather you need it or not-"
"I know I know...It's always good to be prepared" he said remembering what I tell him everytime he thinks he has things undercontroll.

"Thank you my beautiful baby." I said to him as I rubbed on his head. I don't know what I would do without him.
"Selena no!!" Screamed Kelvin. Before I could see what was going on a ball was flying straight towards Jacobe and me reacting I jumped in front of him and took the hit.
The impact was so hard it knocked me over. I groaned from such force.

"Mommy mommy!! Are you otay?" Asked Jocobe holding onto my hand.
I opened my eyes and my pain went away as my attention flew to Jacobe to see if he was fine.
I sprung up and grabbed Jacobe. "Baby are you okay? Did it hit you? Are you hurt?" I asked him as I checked over him. He giggled "mommy the question is are you okay that ball hit you so hard now you have a nipple on top of your head" he giggled.
"And how do you know what a nipple is little boy" I asked him pushing my lips to the side. "Come on mommy I know what number to find BET on" he said sarcastically and rolled his eyes.
"Get smart with me one more time you understand me?" I said warning him. "Yes mommy" he said tossing his ball in the air.

"I am so sorry Max are you okay?" Asked Kelvin. Now see me and Kelvin was never friends but since Jacobe and Selena where like bestfriends we had to get a long. No selena was not his daughter but his niece but he acted like her father because her parents where never around. Me and Kelvin grew up together and never liked each other since.
I got up and got a good look at him. He was dressed decent and his hair was combed up nicely unlike usual, But this man still hit me with a ball.
"Are you stupid or just dumb?" I asked him. He rose an eyebrow "excuse me?" He asked me. "You heard me the first time...you could have killed me or worse hurt Jacobe" I said getting angry all over again.
"Yeah thats right mommy tell him off!" Jacobe said standing by my side. I just crossed my arms and waited for a response.

"Um first off that ball didn't hit you hard enough to kill you and second of all kids get hurt all the time no big deal try to relax Max damn yo up tight ass" he said. I couldn't believe him, his dumb self.
"Ha!" Laughed Selena as she pointed at my forehead. "Ew look at your forehead." She laughed and Jacobe joined her. "Ha! I know right? It looks like a nipple" he said pointing at my head and they just fell on the floor laughing together.
You could tell Kelvin was trying to keep his laugh in. I jus rolled my eyes. "Is this how your raising your niece to grow up?...rude?." I asked him.
"Ugh chill Max damn you no damn fun aye Jacobe little bro you coming to hang with me next time alright little man?" He said to Jacobe as he pushed me out of the way so he could get to Jacobe, "YEAHH!! that would be so much fun!!" He cooed. I got infront of them angrily "Jacobe ain't going nowhere with yo unsafe self" I said as I crossed my arms.

He rose his hands up "Alright whatever you say beautiful" he said as he winked at me. I gaged and he laughed he's been calling me beautiful for years now.
"Come on Selena lets go take you to yo mama and if she not home then you can sleep at my house how's that sound?" He asked her. "Great uncle Kel!!" She said jumping into his arms.
Even though I didn't like him he was a great father figuer and he had a great job too a doctor. All the classes he failed in high school who ever thought he would become a doctor. I shook my head and took Jacobe's hand and led him to the car.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Jacobe are you done brushing your teeth?" I asked him, "yes mommy!" He said walking out of the bathroom. "Alright get in your bed now... And if you ain't in bed before I get there, we're going to have a problem." I said to him and as I lotioned up my body.
I heard his little feet hit the floor as he ran to his room. "I here mommy!..I'm ready!!" He giggled. I laughed.
"Alright Story time?" I asked him. "Yes please" he smiled at me.

||

"And the young adventures lived happily ever after.. The end." I said closing the book. He yawned so you could tell he was tired.
"Thank you mommy good night" he said smiling at me. "Good night baby don't let the bedbugs bit.."

"And if they do?"

"I'll hit em with a shoe" I replyed

"And turn them bugs all black and blue"

We said together. "Good night baby love you." I said as I kissed his forehead.

"I love you more...good night mommy" he said falling asleep.
I turned off his lights and and walked to my room. I said my regularly prays and went to sleep.