𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑦 31𝑠𝑡, 4:44 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
_________________________

Me and Kelvin was on our way to see Jacobe, the doctors said he was doing better then a couple of days ago. He takes his daily walks when me and Kelvin are with him, he's just trying to make the best out of his situation and we are here to help him.
          "So we just not gone talk about the other day?" Spoke Kelvin. "No." I stated, he laughed "we're going to have to sooner or later." He said, "I choose later."

      We pulled up to the hospital and I was the first out the car, I walked to the front desk and they have seen me so many times these past few days they just let me up.  
        I walked to his room and seen him playing with his toys and laughing at the tv. I walked in and when he saw me he ran into my arms, I picked him up and smothered him in kisses. "Eww mommy!!" He said wiping my kissed off, "What? You love my kisses." I exclaimed. "Yes mommy that's when I was a little boy, I'm big boy now!" He said as he poked his muscles out. "Oh really? So you don't want any kisses anymore?" I asked him, "Woah woah woah let's not go that far." He said making me laugh, he looked behind me and held his arms out, "Hey uncle Kelvin!!" He screamed, I put him down so he could give Kelvin his hugs. I walked over to his toys and picked them up cleaning his room a little.

         "Hey big dawg, you ready for your walk?" Asked Kelvin, "You know it!" He spoke, "Lets go you two." I said to them.

||

      We was walking through the little garden behind the hospital where most patients came. "I'll be back imma go get a ball or something." Said Kelvin. Then he ran off.

        "Mommy there's only one man I want to see you with." Said Jacobe and he held onto my hand tightly. "And who is that?"

      "Uncle Kelvin." He said, and I lightly laughed. "I'm serious mommy, I know that when I'm gone he will be here to take good care of you." He said as he looked up at me, he knew his cancer wasn't going to let him stick around for long. My baby was so strong, for me and him both.
"Jacobe me and Uncle Kelvin won't be dating anytime soon." I said.

"Why not?", we stopped in our tracks and turned around to see Kelvin. He was listening this whole time sneaky bastard, I was lost for words I don't want him to hear any of that.
"Excuse me?" I said knowing exactly what he had said, "Why not? Come on Max a million let me take you out on a date." He said in all seriousness.

"I'll be on the swing." Said Jacobe as he walked away, "Oh yeah and uncle Kelvin? Keep them hands were I can see them." He said and he pointed two fingers to his eyes then back at Kelvin, Kelvin just nodded his head and laughed.
We turned and slowly walked behind Jacobe so he couldn't hear what we was talking about. "Kelvin what's up with you huh?" I asked.

"Max come on you can't tell me there's nothing between us."

"There is nothing, we have no chemistry."

"We can make some."

"From what? My whole life I thought we were supposed to hate each other, that's how it was supposed to go."

"And how do you think it's going?"

"I mean...It's going. But Kelvin you know what's going on with me."

"I know, and I just want to be here to ease your nerves. Let me be the one to love you right Max."

"I've heard this all before."

"Well hear it again, just one date?"

"...fine"

        His smile touched his eye causing me to smile, we continued to walk when we finally reached the swings Jacobe was on. We played for a little while longer until we decided it was time to go back to his room, we took him back and tucked him in. We said our prayers together and me and Kelvin was on our way to the hotel. "So when do you want to have our date?" He asked. "Why not tonight?" I asked him. He looked at me then back at the road.

"Why tonight?"

"Why not tonight? It's not like we doing anything else."

"True, alright well we'll go get ready then met each other in the lobby at 8:15. Deal?"

     I just nodded my head and enjoyed the ride.