𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 21

𝑀𝑎𝑥
𝑇𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦 17𝑡ℎ, 12:30 𝑜'𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘
___________________________

               Weeks went on and I've grown to understand that my child is no longer with me, Ever since I seen him the night of his funeral I've just had this rushing feeling that he's okay. Me and Anthony have been having a tough time, he has been upset that I've been spending so much time with Kelvin. Even though he still thinks that he's my brother, he wants to be able to comfort me in my time of need.
I've been at Kelvin's house for a few days now, me and Anthony had an argument about Kelvin the other day so then I left and came over here, I mean if you know he my brother why are you so jealous. I was sitting in the living room staring at nothing specific, the Tv was off and the house was silent. Since we came home I haven't been back to work, they gave me time off and I have nothing but time left to think.

I spent most of my time thinking about Jacobe, others I spent cleaning and re-cleaning the house. The more I move and am busy the less I think about Jacobe, I couldn't sit around and just wait for him to come back. I knew he was gone for good but that was my only child, Only god knows when I will have my next child. But nobody can replace your first child, he was special and he meant everything to me.

"Max? Max baby?" I looked up and seen Anthony, I curved my lips in a slight smile. "What are you doing here?" I asked as I hugged him.

"Kelvin told me to come and check up on you, so he told me where the spare key was."

I rolled my eyes and got up "I don't need a babysitter, I'm a grown women."

"Yeah, a grown woman who just lost a child. Let me be here to help you heal." He said as he stood up straight, he grabbed my hands and kissed them.

"Our argument was stupid, it was clearly my fault. I can't help it, I'm a man and I hate to see my woman with another man." He said.

"Kelvin's my-."

"Ex...he's your ex. I know, you don't have to hide it from me. I knew from the beginning, you can't lie to me." He said and I crossed my arms.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You were hurt, he was the only one that could get through to you. But that shit stoppin right now, I am your man, I'm your provider and I will be the one taking care of you. Do you understand?" He said, I looked and nodded my head.

I didn't speak as he reached in his back pocket, he pulled out a small box and I pulled away from him. "Max, were never going to have what you and Kelvin had. I can tell you loved him hard, but your with me now a better man here to fill in the spots he couldn't. We'll never have a right moment or perfect timing, so why not now?"

"Anthony I...I can't, I don't want to break you, all of this is so new and fresh and you already wanna get married?"

"You can't break something that's already broken...we can be united as one and heal each other. Say yes? We've been dating for months it's not all new."

I couldn't, I couldn't spit just one stupid word out. I wanted to say yes, but I'm just scared to let him in. I mean we just stared dating, what do you expect. He stood up and closed the box, he placed the box in his pocket and kissed my forehead.
"When your ready? You'll know, and when you are then let me know." He said, I nodded my head.

He slowly walked away, and as I seen him reach the door I realized that I had made a mistake.

"Loving hurts...sometimes. Loving someone broken?..." I said, he stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me.

"Now that's a risk I'm willing to take, if you are?" I asked him. "Whatever you want I want."

I licked my lips might as well get married, I need some good right now "Then why are you standing there for? Come give me my ring." I smiled. He laughed and walked over to me, he took the ring out of his pocket and slipped it on my finger, he placed several kisses on my lips.
He hugged me tightly and held onto me, I smiled. He pulled away and held onto my face. "I love you..."

"I love you Anthony." I said as I kissed his lips, He hugged me and then we heard the door open. In walked Kelvin, we turned and he looked exhausted.

"Wassup bro." Said Anthony, Kelvin just nodded his head. Anthony looked at me and kissed my head.

We all stood there in silence, I looked at Anthony and grabbed his arm. His attention flew to me and I smiled up at him. "Can you give me and Kelvin a minute?"

Anthony looked Kelvin up and down, "Nope." He said causing Kelvin to smirk. I hit his arm then he looked at me again.

"Imma be in the car, come out when you ready." He said as he walked out the door.
I nodded my head, he closed the door behind him and we stood in silence. "Soo you look better, he healed you huh?"

"You can say that."

"I bet, what did you need to talk to me about?" He asked.

"Um I'm going back home with Anthony, I just wanted to notify you." I said as I played with my nails.

"You sure you want to? I mean you can stay as long as you want." He said walking closer to me.

"Yes I'm sure, I'll be fine Kelvin."

"Max I don't want you to leave, I like taking care of you." He smiled, grabbing my hands, I pulled back.

"Kelvin this is not the time."

"I don't care, I love you. Stay here with me, let's do this together." He said as he pecked my lips.

"Kelvin please, where is all of this coming from?"

"Don't act like you don't know, you love me and you miss me. And I love you too Max." He said as he pulled me into him. He grabbed my face and kissed me deeply.

I caught myself kissing him back, but I stopped it fast. "Kelvin please."

I went to walk away but he pulled me back. "You just won't give up!!" I yelled.

"Your right! Because your worth fighting for!! And I will never stop fighting for your love Max!!" He said as he grabbed my hands.

"Kelvin I'm-..days ago you didn't want my love, but all of a sudden you do?"

"Max I'm sorry, please forgive me?...." He said kissing my neck, his fingers slowly brushed over my ring and he stopped kissing me. He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows, he held my hand up to his face and rubbed over the ring a couple of times, he looked heart broken.

"That's What I've been trying to tell you...Me and Anthony are getting married."

He sniffled, and nodded his head. "I see." He chuckled.

"Kelvin please understand it was never in my attentions to hurt you. Please understand that, I will never hurt you." I said as I laid my hand on his cheek. He pulled away from me.

"It's to late for that Max, you let me stand here like a fool and express myself to you...Congratulations. Get out." He said as he pointed to the door and walked upstairs.

I had did the one thing I said I would never do, and I had lost him for good. I sighed and I walked out the door, I whipped whatever tears had managed to escape and walked to my car to spend eternity with my new husband. This was the turning of a new leaf, a brand new start.